Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Looking for good, free practice tests online

Looking for good, free practice tests online

Rick Quinn

I am studying for the 70-272 exam at the moment and I want to guage my
knowledge of the chapters I have covered so far. I don't want to do the exam
questions which came with my MCDST book because when I come to take the
practice exams I may remember some of the questions and that will give me a
false sense of how much I know.

Does anyone know of any websites where I can get free exam questions (not
braindumps)? I have tried searching using Google but have not had much
success (although I am going to keep looking).

Cheers
Rick

zet

Try http://www.certquest.net/. Try 10 demo questions from MeasurUp and 30
questions from Microsoft skills assessment
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/assessment/. May be it is not the best way,
but all this tests are free.
I propose to try some questions for exam 271. I had several questions about
networking and desktop customization in my 272.

"Rick Quinn" wrote:

> I am studying for the 70-272 exam at the moment and I want to guage my
> knowledge of the chapters I have covered so far. I don't want to do the exam
> questions which came with my MCDST book because when I come to take the
> practice exams I may remember some of the questions and that will give me a
> false sense of how much I know.
>
> Does anyone know of any websites where I can get free exam questions (not
> braindumps)? I have tried searching using Google but have not had much
> success (although I am going to keep looking).
>
> Cheers
> Rick

Charles D.

Try www.free-tests.com, they get a collection of sample test questions from
various legite vendors as well as writing some of their own, they may have
some available for MCDST. But seriously, if you have 6 or more months of
supporting 50+ users on XP and experience rolling out Office 2003 (I had just
completed a rollout of Office 2003 2 weeks prior to the exam) its very
doable. You get 90 minutes for each exam, I was done in 32 minutes for 271 &
42 minutes for 272. It helped that I also have experience with NT4.

As for remembering test questions on your book practice exams, I understand
but its very important to understand the concepts, try doing practice
questions for Windows XP and some Office Apps at the site I suggested.

"Rick Quinn" wrote:

> I am studying for the 70-272 exam at the moment and I want to guage my
> knowledge of the chapters I have covered so far. I don't want to do the exam
> questions which came with my MCDST book because when I come to take the
> practice exams I may remember some of the questions and that will give me a
> false sense of how much I know.
>
> Does anyone know of any websites where I can get free exam questions (not
> braindumps)? I have tried searching using Google but have not had much
> success (although I am going to keep looking).
>
> Cheers
> Rick

Charles D.

I said 90 minutes, think it actually may have been 110 minutes but didn't
need anywhere close to it as I took both on the same morning and was home by
lunch