Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > how long are the exams

how long are the exams

mark

Taking exams in a couple of weeks. im deciding whether to
sit both in one day or split them up. If they are fairly
short i might take them together.

How long are each of the exams?

Both in time and number of questions.

thanks

Caz

272 is 55 questions and 110 mins long - i think 271 is again 55 qns and 155
mins. Personally i wouldnt take the both on the same day, they can be pretty
intense. Then again everyone is different.

Good luck

"mark" wrote:

> Taking exams in a couple of weeks. im deciding whether to
> sit both in one day or split them up. If they are fairly
> short i might take them together.
>
> How long are each of the exams?
>
> Both in time and number of questions.
>
> thanks

UrbanDrag0n

I took both when they were still in beta format having
more than the 55 questions they have now. I took around 2
hours to complete both exams. SO if you know the material
they will not take you very long to complete. But as Caz
wrote they may be a bit much for you if you are fresh out
of a training class. I would only recommend taking both
together if you have been using/troubleshooting winXP and
officeXP for over 1yr. Being a beta tester of "whistler"
I thought it was a very easy exam because i have been
using it since before it went into public production.

Charles D.

I took both the same day, same morning. Didn't study a lick for either as
I've been doing desktop support for years. Only thing I was surprised on was
the amount of Office 2003 configuration questions as I thought it would be
Office XP, but as luck would have it, I had just completed a two week rollout
of Office 2003 and just completed the setup and testing of SUS at work. I
passed both, it wasn't pretty but pass is a pass and I didn't think it was
all that bad, very easy for the most part ruling out the wrong answers. I got
90 minutes on each exam (or was it 110 minutes), regardless I was done with
271 in 32 minutes & 272 in 45 minutes. So it wasn't bad at all.