Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > RE: MCDST vs A+

RE: MCDST vs A+

Bobby

Hi jsize,

The difference between MCDST and A+ basically is the scope you want to get
accustom to, as both are entry level certifications. MCDST dwell right into
possible problems faced by end users on Microsoft technology and it focuses
directly in XP versions. A+ coverage is much more broder and it covers not
only operating systems but also hardware.

However being in IT for 7 years, these certifications might not do you
justice in signifying your experiences and perhaps your knowledge. From your
brief description of your job, perhaps you should work for higher
certifications like MCSA (for Microsoft) or CCNA (if you do work with Cisco
routers and switches).

Hope this helps.

Bobby

MCDST JC Microsoft Certification 2 02-04-2004 09:52 AM
MCDST beta test (71-272) Waleed A. Nasser Mohamed Hussein Microsoft Certification 2 11-09-2003 03:48 PM
MCDST 71-272 Mohamed Fekry Abdel Ghaffar Microsoft Certification 1 11-09-2003 03:48 PM
MCDST Waleed A. Nasser Mohamed Hussein Microsoft Certification 5 11-07-2003 03:26 PM

Advertisments