Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > exam experience??

exam experience??

this is for mcp's..... how long did u take one exam? are
the exams more difficult than practice tests included in
ms press book(measure up)?
how many questions are in the test? i need tips for
studying 70-271 and 70-272.... i have 2 yrs experience
using windows xp

ME

>i have 2 yrs experience using windows xp
what version?
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:761a01c494ea$2fb81db0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> this is for mcp's..... how long did u take one exam? are
> the exams more difficult than practice tests included in
> ms press book(measure up)?
> how many questions are in the test? i need tips for
> studying 70-271 and 70-272.... i have 2 yrs experience
> using windows xp

XP PRO

L.S.C. Jorge Garcia Fuentes

You need to learno troubleshoting on windows xp and troubleshouting of
outlook express and outlook, and 271 is 35 questions, 272 40 questions,

Espero la informacion les pueda ayudar

L.S.C. Jorge Garcia Fuentes

MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSA +Messaging,
Comptia Network +,
Cisco CCNA, CCNP Candidate
Puebla, Mexico.

Este mensaje se proporciona "como está" sin garantías de ninguna clase, y no
otorga ningún derecho.
You assume all risk for your use.

<(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
news:761a01c494ea$2fb81db0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> this is for mcp's..... how long did u take one exam? are
> the exams more difficult than practice tests included in
> ms press book(measure up)?
> how many questions are in the test? i need tips for
> studying 70-271 and 70-272.... i have 2 yrs experience
> using windows xp

Consultant

youa speaka poor englis and canntot spel four shet

"L.S.C. Jorge Garcia Fuentes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You need to learno troubleshoting on windows xp and troubleshouting of
> outlook express and outlook, and 271 is 35 questions, 272 40 questions,
>
> Espero la informacion les pueda ayudar
>
> L.S.C. Jorge Garcia Fuentes
>
> MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSA +Messaging,
> Comptia Network +,
> Cisco CCNA, CCNP Candidate
> Puebla, Mexico.
>
> Este mensaje se proporciona "como está" sin garantías de ninguna clase, y

no
> otorga ningún derecho.

rights.
> You assume all risk for your use.
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
> news:761a01c494ea$2fb81db0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > this is for mcp's..... how long did u take one exam? are
> > the exams more difficult than practice tests included in
> > ms press book(measure up)?
> > how many questions are in the test? i need tips for
> > studying 70-271 and 70-272.... i have 2 yrs experience
> > using windows xp

cadman

I took 70-271 this morning. I've taken 70-270 in the past and work with XP
(both Home and Pro) alot. Took me about an hour, had 49 questions. I've
got 70-272 scheduled for Friday. I'm not an Office support person, so I'm
sure I'll find this one harder.

"L.S.C. Jorge Garcia Fuentes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You need to learno troubleshoting on windows xp and troubleshouting of
> outlook express and outlook, and 271 is 35 questions, 272 40 questions,
>
> Espero la informacion les pueda ayudar
>
> L.S.C. Jorge Garcia Fuentes
>
> MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSA +Messaging,
> Comptia Network +,
> Cisco CCNA, CCNP Candidate
> Puebla, Mexico.
>
> Este mensaje se proporciona "como está" sin garantías de ninguna clase, y

no
> otorga ningún derecho.

rights.
> You assume all risk for your use.
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
> news:761a01c494ea$2fb81db0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > this is for mcp's..... how long did u take one exam? are
> > the exams more difficult than practice tests included in
> > ms press book(measure up)?
> > how many questions are in the test? i need tips for
> > studying 70-271 and 70-272.... i have 2 yrs experience
> > using windows xp

did u pass?

wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> You need to learno troubleshoting on windows xp and

troubleshouting of
>> outlook express and outlook, and 271 is 35 questions,

272 40 questions,

>> Espero la informacion les pueda ayudar
>>
>> L.S.C. Jorge Garcia Fuentes
>>
>> MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSA +Messaging,
>> Comptia Network +,
>> Cisco CCNA, CCNP Candidate
>> Puebla, Mexico.
>>
>> Este mensaje se proporciona "como está" sin garantías

de ninguna clase, y
>no
>> otorga ningún derecho.
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,

and confers no
>rights.
>> You assume all risk for your use.
>>
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el

mensaje
>> news:761a01c494ea$2fb81db0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > this is for mcp's..... how long did u take one exam?

are
>> > the exams more difficult than practice tests

included in
>> > ms press book(measure up)?
>> > how many questions are in the test? i need tips for
>> > studying 70-271 and 70-272.... i have 2 yrs

experience
>> > using windows xp

>.

cadman

Yes. Thanks for asking.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:023901c495dd$4a6af0d0$(E-Mail Removed)...
did u pass?

wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> You need to learno troubleshoting on windows xp and

troubleshouting of
>> outlook express and outlook, and 271 is 35 questions,

272 40 questions,

>> Espero la informacion les pueda ayudar
>>
>> L.S.C. Jorge Garcia Fuentes
>>
>> MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSA +Messaging,
>> Comptia Network +,
>> Cisco CCNA, CCNP Candidate
>> Puebla, Mexico.
>>
>> Este mensaje se proporciona "como está" sin garantías

de ninguna clase, y
>no
>> otorga ningún derecho.
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,

and confers no
>rights.
>> You assume all risk for your use.
>>
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el

mensaje
>> news:761a01c494ea$2fb81db0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > this is for mcp's..... how long did u take one exam?

are
>> > the exams more difficult than practice tests

included in
>> > ms press book(measure up)?
>> > how many questions are in the test? i need tips for
>> > studying 70-271 and 70-272.... i have 2 yrs

experience
>> > using windows xp

>.

Christ5340

I barely passed this test with a 747. I studied Sybex, TestKing, and
another
Sybex style book. The TestKing study guides are dead on, some of the
questions were word for word, I'm not meaning promote TestKing, I'm
passing along my experience. Before the test started it said there
would 50 questions
and I had 1hr and 45 minutes to complete it. It also stated I had to
have a
700 to pass. The exam questions were 90% scenario based. Don't even
think
your ready just because you can spout off what you memorized from the
books!
Each question poses a problem and you must choose the "best" solution,
even
though there may be a couple that would be a good solution, but not
the
"best".
Here's how the test questions broke out:

Permissions, share and NTFS(separate and combined) 20%

Disks, know the possible disk configurations and everything that goes
along
with them, 20%

Installation, there were a couple of questions for each of the
unattended,
sysprep, and RIS options 20%

Security/Certificates for Internet/Intranet 20%

The rest of the questions were about Accessability and XP's personal
web
server. There were also 3 network diagrams which you had to answer
questions
about or solve a problem using the diagram.

I did not have any Performance and Monitoring related questions.