Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > As an MCSE NT4, and MCP 2003 working toward MCSE: Security 2003 - why MCDST?

As an MCSE NT4, and MCP 2003 working toward MCSE: Security 2003 - why MCDST?

Ryan Webb

I looked over this program for the first time today and
wasn't sure how much benefit obtaining this certification
would have. Especially since I am going toward an MCSE:
Security Windows 2003 track, and have already passed my 70-
270 exam, and am already A+ and MCSE NT 4.0 certified -
with many years of hands on experience.

Can someone tell me - would becoming MCDST be beneficial
or would it just cost more $ for the study materials,
study time, and $ for the test itself?

I mean the this cert according to its own description
pages falls under the MCP program anyway (you get access
to the MCP site, an MCP card, but no individual
recognition of MCDST that stands by itself so to speak)

TBone

"Ryan Webb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> Can someone tell me - would becoming MCDST be beneficial
> or would it just cost more $ for the study materials,
> study time, and $ for the test itself?

No, your work experience will speak for itself. An up to date MCSE will just
get your resume past the HR minions.

anybody@nowhere.com

Sounds like a step backwards for you