Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > 70-272 Exam

70-272 Exam

feral geek

I have read and studied the MCDST 70-272 Self-Paced Traing
Kit and have aced the 125 objective-by-objective review
questions, however, when I take the 300 question practice
test, there are questions which I cannot answer without
further studying and practice. For those who have taken
and passed this exam, should I be able to ace the 300
question practice exam as well prior to taking the exam?
Thanks for any input you can offer.

Bobby

Hi feral geek,

The practice test is there to gauge your understanding on the subject matters and how well you apply your understanding to the troubleshooting scenario presented in it. It sums up all the topics covered when gauging your overall understandings. If you can't ace the practice test chances are you might not make it in the actual exam.

Hope this helps.

Bobby

"feral geek" wrote:

> I have read and studied the MCDST 70-272 Self-Paced Traing
> Kit and have aced the 125 objective-by-objective review
> questions, however, when I take the 300 question practice
> test, there are questions which I cannot answer without
> further studying and practice. For those who have taken
> and passed this exam, should I be able to ace the 300
> question practice exam as well prior to taking the exam?
> Thanks for any input you can offer.

Shawn P Bolan

I am not familiar with that particular set of practice exams, however if
there are topics that are applicable to the certification exam, then yes you
should have a good understanding of them.

If you have questions on a specific topic or technology feel free to post
the question here and I will see what I can do to help. I am a Microsoft
Certified Trainer and teach the MCDST classes extensively.

I would also recommend looking at the Exam Prep sheet at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-272.asp That lists all of the
topics that could be covered, if the questions you are stumbling over are
topics that are listed there, you should definitely spend some time prepping
them.....

Hope this helps,

"feral geek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:871d01c47847$db0c6410$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have read and studied the MCDST 70-272 Self-Paced Traing
> Kit and have aced the 125 objective-by-objective review
> questions, however, when I take the 300 question practice
> test, there are questions which I cannot answer without
> further studying and practice. For those who have taken
> and passed this exam, should I be able to ace the 300
> question practice exam as well prior to taking the exam?
> Thanks for any input you can offer.

Merlin

If you could ace all 300+ questions it would be great. I
used the same kit and as long as you can maintain over 80
percent good answers you'll be fine. Use Study Mode more
than the others.

Feral Geek

Thanks for your input Merlin. I am using the study mode and
now that I am familar with the material I am doing better.
I have my A+ and Network+ certs so the hardware and
networking I am OK with. It's all the Outlook Express/IE
and Outlook/Office Apps and knowing every menu that I was
not as familiar with. Once again, thanks for your input.
Did you take/pass the exam?
Feral Geek