Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Charter Membership Limit Near?

Charter Membership Limit Near?

Anybody heard what the latest number of MCDSTs is? I Keep
checking the site but doesn't seem to be getting updated
at all as last posting was in May! Thanks

Bobby

Hi anonymous,

It is anyone's guess until MSFT updates the figure but it is still highly possible that the figure is within 5000 as very recent MCDSTs are still getting MCDST 'charter' Wlecome Kit.

Hope this help.

Bobby

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> Anybody heard what the latest number of MCDSTs is? I Keep
> checking the site but doesn't seem to be getting updated
> at all as last posting was in May! Thanks

Stephanie

I keep hearing a lot about charter, I am new to
certifying, what are the benefits of getting a charter
cert. oppose to your cert. pass the charter date?

Shelby Meyer \(MCSA, A+, N+ iN+, CIW\)

You get a fancier certificate and bragging rights for being one of the
first. Otherwise its the same as the regular cert.

--
Shelby Meyer
MCSA, A+, N+, iN+, CIW

"Stephanie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:284a001c46446$458ad030$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I keep hearing a lot about charter, I am new to
> certifying, what are the benefits of getting a charter
> cert. oppose to your cert. pass the charter date?

Bobby

Hi Stephanie,

Charter cert for MCDST simply means early achievers. It has no added privellege other than self satisfaction. MSFT offers these to motivate IT pro to work hard and fast for that particular certification. One only gets this type of opportunity from MSFT when MSFT introduces new certifications and this doesn't happen very often. As of now, only MCDST is still within the limit and it is anybody's chance to secure the charter cert. MCDST will cease the charter cert once the number of MCDSTs hit 5000. Therefore if it matters to you, you 'll need to work fast to get it before it hits 5000 worldwide.

Hope this help.

Bobby