Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > CaseModGod/Crucial Ballistix Tracer Mod Competition at CaseM

CaseModGod/Crucial Ballistix Tracer Mod Competition at CaseM

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

I won just for being a member with 5 or more posts that contributed to the forums. They gave away a prize pack each day for a month. I got green uv cable sleeving kit, dual green 12' cold cathodes, 3x ultra 80mm fans, and a retractable USB cable

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

i scored a DVI to VGA connector for sitting on my ass and doing nothing... how much betta is that
We only advertise for them case we are nice ppl.

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Yeah but they aren't nice people. One of their staffers tried to steal the Chopper PC idea then when i called him a theif, he got my site taken down and I had to move to a new webhost. They are ... Well I can't use the words I'd like to use because of the profanity filter, but they're the scum of the earth. I hope they rot in hell.

Silverstrand Silverstrand is offline
Senior Member
Silverstrand's Avatar
Location: Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Modfather
Yeah but they aren't nice people. One of their staffers tried to steal the Chopper PC idea then when i called him a theif, he got my site taken down and I had to move to a new webhost. They are ... Well I can't use the words I'd like to use because of the profanity filter, but they're the scum of the earth. I hope they rot in hell.
I got a free "Got Mods?" shirt from them for just scanning an article from MaxPC from them, and I won some stuff from them a long ways back, so I don't have much against them. But I do agree about their no news system.

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Man, I was a regular there for a year, posted over 1000 messages, contributed how-to guides, advertised them on my website, made my whole site nothing but a link to CMG when I was in the hospital for a month and all I got from them was a big fat F*CK YOU and one of their staff stealing my ideas. They're scumbags.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

sounds like a inverse tangent of our forums,
i might like to add some rules.
1# : no stealing ideas of each other
2# : No being a scumbag
3# : No Rude messages are to be posted, imediante bans will occur
4# : Teach me how to spell good
5# : No hurting people and putting them in hospital.
Now after all my not current rules are in place "i hope to make this world a better place" - some person who wants to make a difference (1954)

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

so we can hurt people, so long as they don't end up in hospital? And just to clarify things, define Scumbag

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Hehehe...
The #1 rule that I always have worked by when it comes to the modding community is NEVER, under ANY circumstances, put down another person's mod attempts. Because everybody has put time and effort into creating their rig, it might not be as good in my eyes or your eyes as another mod but that's totally irrelevant. Everyone mods for THEIR OWN tastes, not someone else's. So everybody's mod is what they want it to be or a step in that direction. Discouraging a modder is THE BIG SIN at Infinity Customs. Offering constructive criticism in the form of ideas is one thing, but ripping into someone, that's a bannable offense on the very first occurance.
This was what I believed was the case with CMG, but it wasn't. I was supportive of everyone's mods, no matter whether I liked them or not. I might say "It's not to my tastes but damn, it's nice and shows a lot of effort" but that's as far as I'd go towards saying I didn't like a mod. Which is why, when one of their staff ripped into me, I was so totally floored. Then he lied and said that he wasn't ripping into me. I think Robert can attest to the fact that yeah, he ripped me a new ahole. Then he went and built what was being called "What a Chopper PC should look like". What a huge slap in the face. So when I called him a thief and an arsehole on my site, he complained to my hosting company and they took my site down. Well, I found a new host, a friend of my brother in law, and nobody's touching it this time.
So anyway, screw CMG, power to the MODDER, not the corporate shrill. Troy (owner of CMG) gets corporate sponsorship to build his "slap a computer in a mannequin/toaster/blow up doll" style mods while some of us struggle to build what we can with our own hard earned money and get no freakin' recognition for it.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

yer hes a bit of a stealer... to the mod community. all those sponsors... does he need them, look i have one and i am so bloody happy to have one! (even though its sunbeam, because if it weren't i probably wouldn't be as happy )

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Yeah man, but yer not acting like you're above everyone because you've got a sponsor. Also, yer not getting a billion different spots in mags, on other websites, etc etc... And you're not doing the lame, copout mods like throwing a computer in a mannequin and calling it a mod. I don't even know what to call that stuff. It's not modding, it's not custom, it's something else. Wouldn't be a bad thing if he didn't get so many accolades for so little effort.