Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > How valuable will the MCDST really be...?

How valuable will the MCDST really be...?

Tom

Hello folks.
I have received an A+ certification already, and I am now
thinking about studying for the new MCDST cert.
In my case, however, it all comes down to the
affordability versus the job potential once the
certification is achieved. In other words...does anyone
know if this new certification is really in demand out
there in the marketplace? I am finding it difficult
enough as an A+ certified tech to get employment as it is.
Help me out folks...will it be a wise move to invest the
time and $ to achieve this new certification???
Thanks in advance for your opinions!!

Shelby Meyer \(A+, N+, iN+, CIW, MCSA\)

The more certs you have the better you will look to an employer. A+ really
isn't enough by itself. I've been unemployed for 2 years and still haven't
found anything. I ended up starting my own company. Get all the education
you can. And remember its TAX DEDUCTABLE! There is no reason not to do it.

I plan to get the MCDST as well as MCSE. I also go to school full time.

--
Shelby Meyer
Meyer Computer Consulting

news:cfe101c439ad$47d7ffc0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello folks.
> I have received an A+ certification already, and I am now
> thinking about studying for the new MCDST cert.
> In my case, however, it all comes down to the
> affordability versus the job potential once the
> certification is achieved. In other words...does anyone
> know if this new certification is really in demand out
> there in the marketplace? I am finding it difficult
> enough as an A+ certified tech to get employment as it is.
> Help me out folks...will it be a wise move to invest the
> time and $ to achieve this new certification???
> Thanks in advance for your opinions!!

anonymous@hotmail.com

Save your money! Do not be crazy to waste your money on a
piece of paper issued by MS. Bill Gates is so rich
already. With an A+, you're certified for the desktop.

Sincerely,

Ron Carswell A+ N+ CTT+ MCSA MCSE CCNA MCDST

I'm not sure I agree. I have an A+ and a MCDST and find that they
compliment each other.

Check the objectives for the two A+ exams and the two MCDST exams.

I'm wondering what desktop software will one support if it's not Windows...

message news:e23701c43c28$d6eb74d0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Save your money! Do not be crazy to waste your money on a
> piece of paper issued by MS. Bill Gates is so rich
> already. With an A+, you're certified for the desktop.
>
> Sincerely,

My opinion aside, I agree with the previous post regarding
being more marketable by having more certs. An employer
will know that you are a motivated individual who has kept
up with the ever changing IT field.

Hmmmm. Do you really think Bill Gates cares about making
more money? Think about yourself (and your family). He
already has more than he will ever be able to possibly
spend. What could this do for you!? The little money you
spend could greatly increase your chances of increasing
your salary. Show some initiative. Employers look for
it, especially in the IT industry.

Neil

"Ron Carswell A+ N+ CTT+ MCSA MCSE CCNA MCDST" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I'm wondering what desktop software will one support if it's not
> Windows...

MacOS X? How about one of the flavours of Linux with your choice of Gnome
or KDE? they may not be as popular but there are alternatives.

--
Neil MCNGP #30

mattjam

Yes in addition to a Networks+ certification.The City of
New York is hiring until May 26 for a certifed Lan
administrator -major requirement listed is a MCDST and
yes the pay and benefits are HUGE!

Michael

I believe that with the rollout of Windows XP and Server
2003 that the need for Microsoft Desktop Support techs
will soon be in high demand. The OS is very user friendly
but there are still those out there that havent a clue how
to configure the basics of the system. And the ease of use
obviously has brought more customers to the Microsoft
platform, thus the need for MCDST's.