Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > MCDST Exams

MCDST Exams

Chris M

Hello All,

Can any of you good people tell me how long each of the MCDST exams are? Is
it possible to fit both exams into one afternoon?

The reason I ask is that I have to take time off from work to do my exams
and my time off doesn't come for free, even in situations like this. If I
can get away with only taking half a day off from work to do both exams,
then I'd prefer to do that.

Thanks,

Chris.

Ozzy

Hello Chris

Each exam I took was 110 minutes in length and 55 questions. Time must also be add on for signing in etc.
If you know the subjects like the back of your hand and complete the exams quickly then yes you may be able to complete both exams in half a day period.

I think most poeple do one exam in the morning and the other in the afternoon leaving a short gap in the middle to have a break. This is probably the better solution.
If you fail an exam because you tired or whatever you will have to take another half day off work to resit the exam and pay $$ Bill Gates $$ even more of your hard earned cash. Talk about a 'catch 22' situation!!!!

Anyway good luck, the exams are fairly easy.

Ozzy

Free

For a limited time, you can get a free retake. Search
these newsgroups for the post.

Neil

"Free" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:963201c43382$74eb28b0$(E-Mail Removed):

> For a limited time, you can get a free retake. Search
> these newsgroups for the post.

wont help with the DST exams (only for selected 2k3exams) and only in the
US. I have not seen anything on the public MS site though there is info on
the a private MS site about it. Ask a local trainer for details (have them
check the MCT private website)

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Rémy Bucheler \(MCSA, Charter MCDST\)

Took me about 45 minutes to complete each exam, and pass each.

I didn't take them together, but if you know your stuff you can more than
easily do them in one afternoon !

Rémy

<(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:948c01c433a1$19d30eb0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Both tests 120 minutes
> 271 49 questions
> 272 55 questions
> If you know Xp pro inside out you can save 20-25 minutes
> in 271
> and if you are good enough in outlook applicaitons and
> internet explorer and general networking then also 15-20
> minutes.
> So, now I think you have clear idea what to dd, if you
> want more understanding email me.

Ivan Ng

Mine 70-271 gave me 135minutes to complete 64 questions, however, you could
complete it in around 60-70 minutes if you know the subject well...
The 70-272 gave me 110minutes to complete 55 questions, similarily, i took
around a hour to complete them... and just sat there and dreaming for the
rest of the exam...coz... i paid and i should "enjoy" as long as possible!

Quite good for the exam, as it is not as technical as MCSE, but a good step
towards the MCSA, coz you only need to add 3 more papers, after you got the
MCDST.

Ivan Ng
BBA, BSc, PCEd, MCDST, MOS Master Instructor in Office XP

news:40995a6b$0$25322$(E-Mail Removed)...