Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Charter Member

Charter Member

Doom

I see alot of posts about becoming a charter member.
Maybe I don't understand exactly but what is the big deal
about being a charter member? Do you get a special lapel
pin or do you get money for it. Can someone explain what
the big deal is.

the poster formally known as anonymous

Ever see the Highlander "there can only be one"? Well in
this case there can only be 5000. It will never come
again and only occurs at the launch of a new cert. The
only thing that one can get after this is early achiever
when they update the cert for longhorn or whatever.
There is a different pin and certificate and wallet card.
The Cert is not exactly silver maybe platinum. You know
what a normal cert looks like so this is definitely
different.

If you post online using XP the wallet card uses the
color scheme of the post a new message window at least on
my NEC 97F monitor it matches my wallet card. Blue and
heavy creamed coffee color. Then the platinum stripe
says one of 5000 etc.; actually the beta testers are one
of about 300-400 based on feedback during the launch live
chat with the principals at Microsoft. Charter member is
water marked into the cream color in two different font
sizes

So like early achiever it just establishs pecking order.

Neil

"the poster formally known as anonymous"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1cca801c422c2$263df150
$(E-Mail Removed):

> There is a different pin and certificate and wallet card.

my lapel pin didn't look any different (Early achiver for MCSE2k, MCSE2k3
and MCSA2k3) but I did get an extra ice scraper...I mean wallet card...

--
Neil MCNGP #30

MCPD:Enterprise Charter Member Chris Mullins MCSD 14 11-02-2006 08:24 PM
MCDST Charter Member MCDST 1 04-18-2004 07:24 PM
Pass MCDST, Still a Charter member? ABC MCDST 1 04-17-2004 01:22 PM
Charter Member Count Curious MCDST 2 04-15-2004 06:37 PM
MCDST Charter member gauji MCDST 3 02-13-2004 04:39 AM

Advertisments