Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Re: MCDST... A few questions.....

Re: MCDST... A few questions.....

Chad

I took the exam today and passed. I have 3 years exp,
but more 98 then 2000, and little XP. Most of the
questions are common sense, this test was not at all as
tricky as some of the MCSE exams. You should be fine.
I'm going to take the next exam sometime this week, but I
hear it is a little more difficult. I'll post my results
after I take it.

The only study I used was a book called the XP Bible. I
used it to brush up on the differences between Home and
Pro, since that was my weakest link. Rather then buy a
book and read it from end to end, someone with experience
already should look for information specific to their
area of least knowledge instead of trying to go over
everything.

it this
>saturday.
>
>1) How difficult is the exam considering I have been

doing desktop
>support for 3 years in a MS environment will I need much

study?

>2) Can anyone reccomend a book or what to read up on.

My knowleadge
>of IE and OE is not great should i read up on this?
>
>3) Are the questions simple troubleshooting questions?
>
>4) Are the questions easy to eliminate to find the

correct one?

---------------
>View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message417699.html
>
>.

Vince

Those 2 exams arent that difficilt. I had experience with
98, and 2k support, and I only used xp a couple of times
on one of my clients PCS. ANyways, I passed both betas
and they werent that difficult. Just basic help desk
scenerios and questions.

Andy Ruth [MS]

Good question on why OE is in the exam. This certification is meant to
provide validation of skills needed to support Windows XP Professional
running Office 2003 in a corporate environment (where Active Directory is in
use) or Windows XP Home Edition in a home (workgroup) environment. For home
support, Outlook Express and Internet Explorer are used, as well as multiple
users on a single machine. That means you need to also know something about
fast user switching and simple file sharing. In the prep guide for the exams
(http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-271.asp and
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-272.asp), we talk about the two
environments in the audience profile.

Good luck!

--
Andy Ruth
Microsoft Learning

rights.

"adamc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Vince wrote:
> > *Those 2 exams arent that difficilt. I had experience with
> > 98, and 2k support, and I only used xp a couple of times
> > on one of my clients PCS. ANyways, I passed both betas
> > and they werent that difficult. Just basic help desk
> > scenerios and questions. *

> ---------
>
> Thanks both of you for your help you have raised my confidence. I
> weakest link is IE and OE. Not sure why OE is in the exam MS never
> say, and it is never used in a corporate environment !! Is there a lot
> about these subjects?
>
> I was hoping it was more common sence so that is good. Hopefully I
> should be OK. Dont wont to be the first person to fail it. I have
> been to the MSKB support site and got papers on common problems and
> troubleshooting IE and OE.
>

> --
> adamc

I took the 070-271 test today and I failed, 600-700, I
have read that many of you took the exam and it wasnt too
difficult, I have 4 years experience in desktop
environment and this test was very different, some how I
was confident on the first questions, and all of a sudden
the questions started to turn very difficult and tricky,
I am not sure but I think this test is adaptive, or there
is a database with a lot of diferent test..I will go back
in a week...wish me luck

confers no

-----------------
>> View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message417699.html
>>

>.

I also failed it on my first go round. The test questions
were not that bad at first, and then I got a bunch of
questions that all the answers seemed like they could be
the right answer, or three out of the four. I did not
realize that I had to pass with 700, as someone told me
that on the older tests you had to pass with 550. That is
what I made, but for this particular exam, you have to
pass with 700. I go back this next Monday. I hope I get
the easy test that the most of you had.