Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > MCDST as MCSA elective

MCDST as MCSA elective

Chris

I just wanted to verify that the new MCDST certification does count as the
elective for the MCSA. I have passed 210, 215, 271, 272, and 218 and both
MCDST and MCSA are now showing up on my official transcript.

Chris

Andy Ruth [MS]

It does.

--
Andy Ruth
Microsoft Learning

rights.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just wanted to verify that the new MCDST certification does count as the
> elective for the MCSA. I have passed 210, 215, 271, 272, and 218 and both
> MCDST and MCSA are now showing up on my official transcript.
>
> Chris

Chris

Andy,

I just reread my post and saw that it could be read as a question. What I
meant was to tell people that it was working not just in theory but that it
actually showed up on my transcript.

Chris

"Andy Ruth [MS]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23%(E-Mail Removed)...
> It does.
>
> --
> Andy Ruth
> Microsoft Learning

> rights.
>
> "Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I just wanted to verify that the new MCDST certification does count as

the
> > elective for the MCSA. I have passed 210, 215, 271, 272, and 218 and

both
> > MCDST and MCSA are now showing up on my official transcript.
> >
> > Chris

how does that work with MCSE though... Does it count as
anything toward MCSE?

and confers no
>> rights.
>>
>> "Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I just wanted to verify that the new MCDST

certification does count as
>the
>> > elective for the MCSA. I have passed 210, 215, 271,

272, and 218 and
>both
>> > MCDST and MCSA are now showing up on my official

transcript.

>> > Chris
>> >

>.

Kian Wah Lai

nope
go to MS site and check it

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:88ae01c3ea00$5ba0a4a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> how does that work with MCSE though... Does it count as
> anything toward MCSE?

Chris

From what I can tell, it doesn't count toward the MCSE on 2000, but in a way
it does toward 2003.
The MCSA on 2000 counts as the elective for the MCSE on 2003, so if you took
210 (or 270), 215, 218, and have the MCDST you are an MCSA on 2000. Then
you would take the upgrade exam 292. Then the 293 and 294 core tests. Then
either the 297 or 298 design tests.
So theoretically you could get an MCDST, MCSA on 2000, and an MCSE on 2003
by passing 9 tests. This might not look like any less than the 7 needed for
MCSE and the 2 for MCDST, but if you have already taken some of the 2000
tests, this is one of the few ways that I can see to use them to achieve
2003 status.

Chris

"Kian Wah Lai" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> nope
> go to MS site and check it
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:88ae01c3ea00$5ba0a4a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > how does that work with MCSE though... Does it count as
> > anything toward MCSE?

MCDST as MCSA elective Steve Davis MCSA 15 12-04-2008 03:08 PM
MCDST elective MCSA? Neil MCDST 3 10-11-2007 05:49 PM
Does my MCDST cert. qualify for an MCSE elective? Aaron Rykhus MCSE 8 11-17-2006 02:21 AM
MCDST Accreditation for MCSA Elective minime MCSA 3 10-23-2004 11:29 AM
MCDST as MCSA elective Chris MCSA 2 02-02-2004 04:37 PM

Advertisments