Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Re: Credits toward MCSA(2k or2003)

Re: Credits toward MCSA(2k or2003)

I emailed MS regarding this and the reply was that it is
good for an elective in MCSA 2000 but not 2003.
Furthermore, you can't even take an exam in the MCSA 2003
server track without A+ & Network+ certs. Nowhere in the
Server 2003 track does it say MCDST will qualify as an
elective. So...who has the legitimate information Bill?

as the elective
>towards MCSA on Windows 2000 and MCSA on Windows Server

2003, so it will
>satisfy the elective requirement if you are going for an

MCSA. Please note
>that the skill set needed by a helpdesk person are

different than the skills
>needed by a systems administrator, but the desktop

skills do compliment the
>skillset needed by a systems administrator.
>
>--
>Andy Ruth
>Microsoft Training and Certification

confers no
>rights.
>
>"Shahin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:0ffe01c39249$9b8246a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It was not clear on your FAQ if the MCDST cert as whole
>> will be counting toward 1 OR 2 elective requirment(s)

for
>> the MCSA trak(2k or 2003). I think this is very

importent
>> since many of pepole out there(inculding myself) have

been
>> investing and preparing for the A+/Netork+ combo, since
>> these exams do count toward fullfiling the elective
>> requirment for the MCSA trak. Please do let me know

about
>> this ASAP( and update the FAQ as well).

>.

Don't You Wish

Comptia exams can be used as MCSA electives--they're not required.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:030601c3d333$8b78f9e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I emailed MS regarding this and the reply was that it is
> good for an elective in MCSA 2000 but not 2003.
> Furthermore, you can't even take an exam in the MCSA 2003
> server track without A+ & Network+ certs. Nowhere in the
> Server 2003 track does it say MCDST will qualify as an
> elective. So...who has the legitimate information Bill?

Andy Ruth [MS]

I can say without a doubt that the MCDST credential WILL count as your
elective for either the MCSA on Windows 2000 or the MCSA on Windows Server
2003 certifications, but it will not count as the elective for MCSE on
Windows 2000 or MCSE on Windows Server 2003 certifications.

For the CompTIA certifications, they can count (in certain combinations) as
your elective on MCSA or MCSE credentials, but are not required. We do
suggest that the skills validated by CompTIA's A+ and Network+
certifications are prerequisite knowledge for the MCSA learning path.

I'm the product planner for the Microsoft credentials and represent
Microsoft on the CompTIA A+, Network+, and i-Net+ certifications, so I'm
pretty sure I can be considered authoritative in my viewpoint.

I'll review our web sites to make sure they are clear, and, if they are not,
I'll have them updated.

--
Andy Ruth
Microsoft Learning

rights.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:030601c3d333$8b78f9e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I emailed MS regarding this and the reply was that it is
> good for an elective in MCSA 2000 but not 2003.
> Furthermore, you can't even take an exam in the MCSA 2003
> server track without A+ & Network+ certs. Nowhere in the
> Server 2003 track does it say MCDST will qualify as an
> elective. So...who has the legitimate information Bill?

Joe

and on top of being authoritative, you're a nice guy.

Joe

"Andy Ruth [MS]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I can say without a doubt that the MCDST credential WILL count as your
> elective for either the MCSA on Windows 2000 or the MCSA on Windows Server
> 2003 certifications, but it will not count as the elective for MCSE on
> Windows 2000 or MCSE on Windows Server 2003 certifications.
>
> For the CompTIA certifications, they can count (in certain combinations)

as
> your elective on MCSA or MCSE credentials, but are not required. We do
> suggest that the skills validated by CompTIA's A+ and Network+
> certifications are prerequisite knowledge for the MCSA learning path.
>
> I'm the product planner for the Microsoft credentials and represent
> Microsoft on the CompTIA A+, Network+, and i-Net+ certifications, so I'm
> pretty sure I can be considered authoritative in my viewpoint.
>
> I'll review our web sites to make sure they are clear, and, if they are

not,
> I'll have them updated.
>
> --
> Andy Ruth
> Microsoft Learning

> rights.
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:030601c3d333$8b78f9e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I emailed MS regarding this and the reply was that it is
> > good for an elective in MCSA 2000 but not 2003.
> > Furthermore, you can't even take an exam in the MCSA 2003
> > server track without A+ & Network+ certs. Nowhere in the
> > Server 2003 track does it say MCDST will qualify as an
> > elective. So...who has the legitimate information Bill?

Voipbuster: my credits are being used for calls made to local numbers! OM UK VOIP 6 10-31-2005 02:36 AM
VOIPCheap Credits Missing ras UK VOIP 2 08-21-2005 02:03 PM
Re: Acceptez gratuitement les cartes de crédits sur votre site /* MCSBNGP+++ #270-290-291-293-294-298-299# */ MCSE 0 08-01-2005 03:18 PM
Re: Acceptez gratuitement les cartes de crédits sur votre site Frisbee® MCSE 0 08-01-2005 03:16 PM
credits boka_do DVD Video 0 12-06-2003 10:54 AM

Advertisments