Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > which one is better?

which one is better?

ferditern

Hi, do you have any idea which one is better, the A+
certification or the MCDST? I am about to take the A+
exam next month. Thanks

OverCertified

Look at it this way

The MCDST is purely Operating System, and is XP oriented. The A+ is half OS and Half Hardware, the MCDST does not give you hardware, and that is the strength of the A+

I would hope that CompTIA would allow the MCDST as an option to replace the OS part of the A+ (this is a suggestion - not a current way things operate).

I'm A+ and I do not regret it.You can combine A+/Network+
or A+/Server+ as a substitute for an elective for MCSA.
MCDST is an "island" certification that currently leads to
no other certifications.Take your 270 ,as I did,to acquire
your MCSE/A and be done with it.

Tom Helms [MSFT]

The MCDST cert can be used as an elective in the MCSA.

--
Tom Helms [MSFT]

newsgroup purposes only."

news:00fc01c3d89a$eaff9f10$(E-Mail Removed)...