Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > MCDST Trainer certification

MCDST Trainer certification

Remy Bucheler

Hi everybody !

I was wondering about a training certification for the
MCDST credential.

I do perfectly know the existence of MCTs for other
certifications, but the MCDST credential refers mostly to
other knowledge and capacities than the MCSA/SE tracks.

I was therefore wondering if Microsoft could make a MCDST
trainer certification. I really think it is differend
from MCSA/SE/DBA/AD/SD, and I think a good professionnal
could teach really well without being mcse or mcsd.

As it is stated on Microsoft's website, "Unlike MCSAs,
MCDSTs are not expected to have network administration
skills." I therefore think my suggestion makes sense...

Remy Bucheler

Joe

Just because the potential MCDST doesn't have to have NetAdmin experience it
doesn't mean the instructor shouldn't. Sometimes it takes someone with a
bit more experience to recognize when something is beyond the capabilities
of the student.

An MCDST instructor should have an MCSE and be familiar with primary
applications (Maybe even MOUS certified). Should probably have an A+ or
similar as well.

Joe
There's a TTL and a time to die

"Remy Bucheler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:00b101c3bffe$735f9c30$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi everybody !
>
> I was wondering about a training certification for the
> MCDST credential.
>
> I do perfectly know the existence of MCTs for other
> certifications, but the MCDST credential refers mostly to
> other knowledge and capacities than the MCSA/SE tracks.
>
> I was therefore wondering if Microsoft could make a MCDST
> trainer certification. I really think it is differend
> from MCSA/SE/DBA/AD/SD, and I think a good professionnal
> could teach really well without being mcse or mcsd.
>
> As it is stated on Microsoft's website, "Unlike MCSAs,
> MCDSTs are not expected to have network administration
> skills." I therefore think my suggestion makes sense...
>
> Remy Bucheler

MCSE World

I agree with Joe. You want someone teaching MCDSTs to be that has deep
experience in Windows administartion AND has help desk experience. Part of
being a good help desk worker is knowing where your limits are and
efficiently passing off a problem to those who are more qualified to perform
the task.

Best,
Will
www.mcseworld.com

"Remy Bucheler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:00b101c3bffe$735f9c30$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi everybody !
>
> I was wondering about a training certification for the
> MCDST credential.
>
> I do perfectly know the existence of MCTs for other
> certifications, but the MCDST credential refers mostly to
> other knowledge and capacities than the MCSA/SE tracks.
>
> I was therefore wondering if Microsoft could make a MCDST
> trainer certification. I really think it is differend
> from MCSA/SE/DBA/AD/SD, and I think a good professionnal
> could teach really well without being mcse or mcsd.
>
> As it is stated on Microsoft's website, "Unlike MCSAs,
> MCDSTs are not expected to have network administration
> skills." I therefore think my suggestion makes sense...
>
> Remy Bucheler

Remy Bucheler

Actually I can only quote Microsoft's website

About MCSA(E)s : "These individuals typically do not
directly support end users or troubleshoot desktop or
client-side issues as part of their job function."

About the skills needed : "networking and administration
skills, which are outside the scope of the MCDST
credential."

And more directly : "Unlike MCSAs, MCDSTs are not
expected to have network administration skills."

Reading Microsoft's website, it seems to me that MCDSTs
are not expected to have network administration skills.
Therefore, a I think a curriculum for training must be
able to be created. As MCDSTs are not expected to have
network administration skills, they do not need to be
taught them.