Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > A+ vs this dumb cert

A+ vs this dumb cert

another way for microsuck to get more money out of us, but
I dont agree with you assumption of help desk job being
useless. My companys IT dept hires from within if
possible, we promote our help desk employees first before
going outside the company, unless we need people with
special qualifications. I know all companies dont do this
but there are plenty of companies who do.

Patch Micro$oft Constantly

Sorry... I mis-spoke there... I meant it to say a help
desk job for a measly $10 an hour.
My point was that you spend $250 on these exams (not
counting the price for the study material) and it doesnt
mean anything in the real world... plus what about those
of us that took the time and effort to get our A+?
Does this mean it is going to be phased out of the work
world now?

Why bother when all these jobs are going to India anyways?