Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > XP only for this cert?!?!

XP only for this cert?!?!

Lysia

OK, so here's what I need to understand... These exams are
only covering the Windows XP operating system?
Troubleshooting the OS and applications on it?! Is
Micro$oft aware that most businesses and especially
education/non-profit have not upgraded to Win XP? At the
school that I work in, we only use Windows 2000 Pro, and
have no intention to upgrade any time soon. Why only XP?

why would MS go back on technology?

there is still a substantial amount of installations using
NT 4.0, and even NT 3.51

Anyway - Windoes 2000 is NT 5.0, Windows XP is NT 5.1,
there are differences, but they may or maynot make a
difference.