Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > 70-229 Exam

70-229 Exam

Ahmed

Hello everyone,

I am preparing to take the MCAD exams and i want to take the 70-229 exam but
i have three questions:

1. Is the 70-229 exam is still available to the MCAD certificate?
2. What is the pass score of this exam?
3. This is the first time for me to take any exams from Microsoft so how
many questions are there in this exam?

Thank you
Ahmed

Lawrence Garvin

"Ahmed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am preparing to take the MCAD exams and i want to take the 70-229 exam
> but
> i have three questions:
>
> 1. Is the 70-229 exam is still available to the MCAD certificate?

Yes. The 70-229 can be used as an elective for the MCAD; however, make note
that the 70-229, and all of the rest of the MCAD exams will be retired on
3/29/09.

> 2. What is the pass score of this exam?

=700=... like all of them.

> 3. This is the first time for me to take any exams from Microsoft so how
> many questions are there in this exam?

Since this is your first time, you should start with the first-timers
website to get answers to your questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/training/default.asmx

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Ahmed

Thank you Lawrence for your reply. I rely appriciate it.

I forgot to ask you a question.
How many questions are there in this exam? and how long does it take?

"Lawrence Garvin" wrote:

> "Ahmed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I am preparing to take the MCAD exams and i want to take the 70-229 exam
> > but
> > i have three questions:
> >
> > 1. Is the 70-229 exam is still available to the MCAD certificate?

> Yes. The 70-229 can be used as an elective for the MCAD; however, make note
> that the 70-229, and all of the rest of the MCAD exams will be retired on
> 3/29/09.
>
> > 2. What is the pass score of this exam?

> =700=... like all of them.
>
> > 3. This is the first time for me to take any exams from Microsoft so how
> > many questions are there in this exam?

> Since this is your first time, you should start with the first-timers
> website to get answers to your questions:
> http://www.microsoft.com/training/default.asmx

> http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Lawrence Garvin

"Ahmed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thank you Lawrence for your reply. I rely appriciate it.
>
> I forgot to ask you a question.
> How many questions are there in this exam?

I have no idea. It varies from instance to instance. The exam will tell you
how many questions there are before you begin taking the exam.

> and how long does it take?

It takes as long as it takes, but you'll have sufficient time to complete
all of the questions presented, presuming you're properly prepared for the
exam.

Both of the above questions are addressed in the website I cited in the
previous reply.

>> Since this is your first time, you should start with the first-timers
>> website to get answers to your questions:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/training/default.asmx

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Ahmed

Thank you very much

"Lawrence Garvin" wrote:

> "Ahmed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Thank you Lawrence for your reply. I rely appriciate it.
> >
> > I forgot to ask you a question.
> > How many questions are there in this exam?

> I have no idea. It varies from instance to instance. The exam will tell you
> how many questions there are before you begin taking the exam.
>
> > and how long does it take?

> It takes as long as it takes, but you'll have sufficient time to complete
> all of the questions presented, presuming you're properly prepared for the
> exam.
>
> Both of the above questions are addressed in the website I cited in the
> previous reply.
>
> >> Since this is your first time, you should start with the first-timers
> >> website to get answers to your questions:
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/training/default.asmx

> http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Ahmed

Hello,

First i want to thank Lawrence for his help. I have passed the 70-229 exam
with score 908.

I am now preparing for 70-306 exam.

But i have a question concerning the certificate.

When i finished the exam and got my score i got a printed certificate from
the exam center but i want to know how can i get the Microsoft certificate. I
contacted Prometric and they told me to send an e-mail to Microsoft on this
e-mail address: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) but i didn't get any reply.

Does Microsoft send the certificate automatically and how much time shall i
wait for it.

Thank you
Ahmed

"Ahmed" wrote:

> Thank you very much
>
> "Lawrence Garvin" wrote:
>
> > "Ahmed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Thank you Lawrence for your reply. I rely appriciate it.
> > >
> > > I forgot to ask you a question.
> > > How many questions are there in this exam?

> > I have no idea. It varies from instance to instance. The exam will tell you
> > how many questions there are before you begin taking the exam.
> >
> > > and how long does it take?

> > It takes as long as it takes, but you'll have sufficient time to complete
> > all of the questions presented, presuming you're properly prepared for the
> > exam.
> >
> > Both of the above questions are addressed in the website I cited in the
> > previous reply.

> > --
> > Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP(x2), MCTS(x5), MCP(x7), MCBMSP
> > Principal/CTO, Onsite Technology Solutions, Houston, Texas
> > Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2009)
> >
> > MS WSUS Website: http://www.microsoft.com/wsus
> > My Websites: http://www.onsitechsolutions.com;
> > http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
> > My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pro...awrence.Garvin

Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\)

"Ahmed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> First i want to thank Lawrence for his help. I have passed the 70-229 exam
> with score 908.

Congratulations!!!

> I am now preparing for 70-306 exam.
>
> But i have a question concerning the certificate.
>
> When i finished the exam and got my score i got a printed certificate from
> the exam center but i want to know how can i get the Microsoft
> certificate.

You'll need to log onto the MCP Secured Website and order your "Welcome
Kit".
https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/default.mspx

The Welcome Kit will contain a printed certificate.

> contacted Prometric and they told me to send an e-mail to Microsoft on
> this
> e-mail address: (E-Mail Removed) but i didn't get any reply.

Gee.. thanks.. Prometric... :-/

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Ahmed

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I don't know my MCP ID or my Access code. From where can i get these IDs? Is
it the Candidate ID no. and the regestration no. that are printed on the
certificate which i get from the test center after completing the exam?

I didn't get any e-mails from Microsoft or from Prometric after completing
my exam.

What can i do?

Regards,
Ahmed

"Lawrence Garvin (MVP)" wrote:

> "Ahmed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello,
> >
> > First i want to thank Lawrence for his help. I have passed the 70-229 exam
> > with score 908.

> Congratulations!!!
>
> > I am now preparing for 70-306 exam.
> >
> > But i have a question concerning the certificate.
> >
> > When i finished the exam and got my score i got a printed certificate from
> > the exam center but i want to know how can i get the Microsoft
> > certificate.

> You'll need to log onto the MCP Secured Website and order your "Welcome
> Kit".
> https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/default.mspx
>
> The Welcome Kit will contain a printed certificate.

> > contacted Prometric and they told me to send an e-mail to Microsoft on
> > this
> > e-mail address: (E-Mail Removed) but i didn't get any reply.

> Gee.. thanks.. Prometric... :-/

> http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\)

"Ahmed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> I don't know my MCP ID or my Access code. From where can i get these IDs?

Your =MCP ID= should have been mailed/e-mailed to you a short time after
your successful completion of your first MCP/MCTS -eligible exam, which I
understand is the 70-229.

If you haven't received your MCP ID, then you should contact your Regional
Service Center.

> Is
> it the Candidate ID no. and the regestration no. that are printed on the
> certificate which i get from the test center after completing the exam?

No.

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Ahmed

Thank you.

I sent them an e-mail few minutes ago and i am waiting thier reply.

Regards
Ahmed