Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Security Training for Developers

Security Training for Developers

Keith

Hello, I am not sure if this is the right newsgroup, but if possible, I would
like to find security training from Microsoft that does 2 things:
1) Instructs developers on how to implement security at every level of the
Security Development Lifecycle, as well as best practices for writing secure
code.
2) Trains in threat modeling, specifically on Microsoft's new tools,
Microsoft Threat Analyses and Modeling v.2.1.
Any ideas?

Lawrence Garvin

"Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello, I am not sure if this is the right newsgroup, but if possible, I
> would
> like to find security training from Microsoft that does 2 things:
> 1) Instructs developers on how to implement security at every level of
> the
> Security Development Lifecycle, as well as best practices for writing
> secure
> code.
> 2) Trains in threat modeling, specifically on Microsoft's new tools,
> Microsoft Threat Analyses and Modeling v.2.1.
> Any ideas?

Nobody ever replied to this.. and I can only hope you're still monitoring
the thread...

but for the sake of completing the thread..

Microsoft provides 12 hours of free online eLearning in development
security.

Clinic 2806: Microsoft Security Guidance Training for Developers
https://www.microsoftelearning.com/e...courseId=26043

Clinic 2807: Microsoft Security Guidance Training for Developers II
https://www.microsoftelearning.com/e...courseId=42913

Plus another 30 hours of free online eLearning in general security...

Clinic 2801: Microsoft Security Guidance Training I
https://www.microsoftelearning.com/e...courseId=50864

Clinic 2802: Microsoft Security Guidance Training II
https://www.microsoftelearning.com/e...courseId=51111

Clinic 2803: Microsoft Security Guidance Training III
https://www.microsoftelearning.com/e...courseId=38921

Clinic 2804: Microsoft Security Guidance Training IV
https://www.microsoftelearning.com/e...courseId=38922

Clinic 2808: Microsoft Security Guidance Training V
https://www.microsoftelearning.com/e...courseId=45499

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

HikeBandit

On Oct 9, 4:43*pm, "Lawrence Garvin" <lawrence@nospam> wrote:
> "Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Hello, I am not sure if this is the right newsgroup, but if possible, I
> > would
> > like to findsecuritytrainingfrom Microsoft that does 2 things:
> > 1) *Instructsdeveloperson how to implementsecurityat every level of
> > the
> >SecurityDevelopment Lifecycle, as well as best practices for writing
> > secure
> > code.
> > 2) *Trains in threat modeling, specifically on Microsoft's new tools,
> > Microsoft Threat Analyses and Modeling v.2.1.
> > Any ideas?

> Nobody ever replied to this.. and I can only hope you're still monitoring
> the thread...
>
> but for the sake of completing the thread..
>
> Microsoft provides 12 hours of free online eLearning in developmentsecurity.
>
> Clinic 2806: MicrosoftSecurityGuidanceTrainingforDevelopershttp s://www.microsoftelearning.com/eLearning/courseDetail.aspx?course...
>
> Clinic 2807: MicrosoftSecurityGuidanceTrainingforDevelopersIIht tps://www.microsoftelearning.com/eLearning/courseDetail.aspx?course...
>
> Plus another 30 hours of free online eLearning in generalsecurity...
>
> Clinic 2801: MicrosoftSecurityGuidanceTrainingIhttps://www.microsoftelearning.com/eLearning/courseDetail.aspx?course...
>
> Clinic 2802: MicrosoftSecurityGuidanceTrainingIIhttps://www.microsoftelearning.com/eLearning/courseDetail.aspx?course...
>
> Clinic 2803: MicrosoftSecurityGuidanceTrainingIIIhttps://www.microsoftelearning.com/eLearning/courseDetail.aspx?course...
>
> Clinic 2804: MicrosoftSecurityGuidanceTrainingIVhttps://www.microsoftelearning.com/eLearning/courseDetail.aspx?course...
>
> Clinic 2808: MicrosoftSecurityGuidanceTrainingVhttps://www.microsoftelearning.com/eLearning/courseDetail.aspx?course...

> MS WSUS Website:http://www.microsoft.com/wsus
> My Websites:http://www.onsitechsolutions.com;htt...hsolutions.com
> My MVP Profile:http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pro...awrence.Garvin

Just for the sale of convenience, you can find them all on
https://www.microsoftelearning.com/c....aspx#Security.