Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > MCAD Expires on March 31, 2009

MCAD Expires on March 31, 2009

Tom

Dear All,
I am just an exam away from getting my MCAD, today i saw on Microsoft.com
that the exams towards achieving MCAD will expire on the above date. I need
your advice with:
1. Would it be worth sitting the remaining exam and obtain MCAD (.Net 1.1
which might be considerd very old now)?
2. If i drop the MCAD route and focus on MCTS, specifically Exam 70-536,
does this mean i have lost the two exams i have already done or is there any
way of upgrading?

Cheers,
Tom

calderara

Hello,

If I werre you I will complete it...You will always need it..and I would say
that this si a good base fro other exams becasue you wiill find soem topice
which you already know..
Today in the market, company do not know so much still what are MCTS or
MCPD, but they know more on what is MCAD or MCP or MCSD...sinmply becasue
they are used to...

good luck

"Tom" wrote:

> Dear All,
> I am just an exam away from getting my MCAD, today i saw on Microsoft.com
> that the exams towards achieving MCAD will expire on the above date. I need
> your advice with:
> 1. Would it be worth sitting the remaining exam and obtain MCAD (.Net 1.1
> which might be considerd very old now)?
> 2. If i drop the MCAD route and focus on MCTS, specifically Exam 70-536,
> does this mean i have lost the two exams i have already done or is there any
> way of upgrading?
>
> Cheers,
> Tom

Tom

Calderara,

Thanks for your response and i think you are right that MCAD will be
helpful. But to do the remaining exam you pay about £83. However, with the
same amount i could invest about two weeks of my time and prepare for 70-536
which is based on .Net 2.0 but also the base for .Net 3.0 and .Net 3.5. If
you are successful with 70.536 then you can pick one of the 6 VS2008 MCTS
that closly covers your area. So i understand these new generation exams. If
the your understanding is different please correct me.

Cheers,
Tom

"calderara" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> If I werre you I will complete it...You will always need it..and I would say
> that this si a good base fro other exams becasue you wiill find soem topice
> which you already know..
> Today in the market, company do not know so much still what are MCTS or
> MCPD, but they know more on what is MCAD or MCP or MCSD...sinmply becasue
> they are used to...
>
> good luck
>
> "Tom" wrote:
>
> > Dear All,
> > I am just an exam away from getting my MCAD, today i saw on Microsoft.com
> > that the exams towards achieving MCAD will expire on the above date. I need
> > your advice with:
> > 1. Would it be worth sitting the remaining exam and obtain MCAD (.Net 1.1
> > which might be considerd very old now)?
> > 2. If i drop the MCAD route and focus on MCTS, specifically Exam 70-536,
> > does this mean i have lost the two exams i have already done or is there any
> > way of upgrading?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Tom

coder

Hello

Stress less about this, i was so shocked to discover that there are still
millions of VB.6 users. And that there many companies and colleges still
addited to it, not to mention other older languages like C, Pascal and even
assembly languages! These programmers are still high earners! Many company
directors and employers are mostly ignorant on these yearly produced
Microsoft certificates.
In short, go for the certification you have prepared yourself well and write
it before they stop offering it.