Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Need tips

Need tips

CodeMakeR

hello everyone,

i have made up my mind to prepare for MCTS Exam 70-536 ( .net
framework 2.0 + web application )

the problem is i have never done vendor certification before. i have
went through the Microsoft website and read about this course ( topics
covered).

i don't want to cheat and don't want any shortcut but i need some idea
how to get prepared, as it will takes years if i try to go through
everything in .net framework 2.0.

i basically need to know what type of question come and how deep i
need to go.

what can i do for it? any tip?

Tod Birdsall

Hello,

Here is the method I used to get my certification. It got my MCAD/MCSD
in 2004, but this might give you a place to start:

http://www.tod1d.net/blog/2004/10/mc...tion-path.html

Hope this helps.

--
Tod Birdsall, MCSD for .Net
software blog: http://tod1d.net

On Oct 2, 12:53 am, CodeMakeR <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> hello everyone,
>
> i have made up my mind to prepare for MCTS Exam 70-536 ( .net
> framework 2.0 + web application )
>
> the problem is i have never done vendor certification before. i have
> went through the Microsoft website and read about this course ( topics
> covered).
>
> i don't want to cheat and don't want any shortcut but i need some idea
> how to get prepared, as it will takes years if i try to go through
> everything in .net framework 2.0.
>
> i basically need to know what type of question come and how deep i
> need to go.
>
> what can i do for it? any tip?

Simon Hart [MVP]

There are not that many books out for the MCTS/MCPD etc set of exams apart
from the books available from MS Press. I have a couple MS Press books and
these ones seem particuly better than they were when I was studying for MCAD.

I have 70-536 and 70-526 from MS Press, both are good.
--
Simon Hart
Visual Developer - Device Application Development MVP

"CodeMakeR" wrote:

> hello everyone,
>
> i have made up my mind to prepare for MCTS Exam 70-536 ( .net
> framework 2.0 + web application )
>
> the problem is i have never done vendor certification before. i have
> went through the Microsoft website and read about this course ( topics
> covered).
>
> i don't want to cheat and don't want any shortcut but i need some idea
> how to get prepared, as it will takes years if i try to go through
> everything in .net framework 2.0.
>
> i basically need to know what type of question come and how deep i
> need to go.
>
> what can i do for it? any tip?

Iain

Yes, the MS books a pretty good.
The practice exam disc you get with them really helps test your knowledge
after readying through the book.
Personally I always helpful to get a book focused on the exam, that said you
should always use MSDN for further reading, and nothing tests you knowledge
like using technologies in the real-world.

Seeing as 70-536 covers ALOT of ground there will be areas that you may not
have used during employment so it's good to focus on the stuff you’re not
comfortable with.

I loved studying for 70-536 (as much as one can love study that is!), while
re-visiting a lot of things I use every day, i increased my knowledge in a
lot of areas I had previously only dipped my toes in, allowing me to use them
more effectively in my current job.

I used the MS books + MSDN for exams 70-536, 70-528 & 70-547 and passed all
quite well on the first go. So for me they (MS books) were a good deal!

hope this helps.

-Iain