Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Is VC++ Certification available?

Reply
Thread Tools

Is VC++ Certification available?

 
 
Geetha Rani
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-24-2007
Hi All,
I think this question may be asked already, but i didnot find the
relevent answer to my question. Please any one tell, whether any
certifications are available for the C,C++ and VC++. After I read some of the
threads which are available in the site I understood that, there are no
certifications available now for these things. Is this is correct? If it is
not available we need to go for C#? I didnot know much about C#? can anyone
advice? Thanks in advance.

--
Geetha Rani
Programmer Analyst
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
LarryWestMCSD
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-24-2007
For the MCAD, the only options available are C# and VB .Net.
However, you can take the 70-526, 70-536, and 70-548 exams using Visual C++
- earning you both an MCTS and MCPD: Windows Development.
You cannot take the Web development exams in C++.
Unfortunately, for the new certifications, Microsoft doesn't keep track of
what language you took it in.
I would strongly urge you to learn C#. If you know C++, it shouldn't be that
hard of a transfer for you.
Good luck in your certification studies.
--
Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS x5, MOUS, FLMI, ACS
* always open to after-hours telecommute (second job) positions.
* developing personal computer software since before the PC.


"Geetha Rani" wrote:

> Hi All,
> I think this question may be asked already, but i didnot find the
> relevent answer to my question. Please any one tell, whether any
> certifications are available for the C,C++ and VC++. After I read some of the
> threads which are available in the site I understood that, there are no
> certifications available now for these things. Is this is correct? If it is
> not available we need to go for C#? I didnot know much about C#? can anyone
> advice? Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Geetha Rani
> Programmer Analyst

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Geetha Rani
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-24-2007
Hi Sir,
Thanks for your reply. But one thing I didnot know what are these
70-526, 70-536, and 70-548 exams .. and where can i get the information about
these? Please don't mind, that I may be asking the basic questions that all
knows. Kidly provide me the information..
Thanks,
Geetha Rani.
--
Geetha Rani
Programmer Analyst


"LarryWestMCSD" wrote:

> For the MCAD, the only options available are C# and VB .Net.
> However, you can take the 70-526, 70-536, and 70-548 exams using Visual C++
> - earning you both an MCTS and MCPD: Windows Development.
> You cannot take the Web development exams in C++.
> Unfortunately, for the new certifications, Microsoft doesn't keep track of
> what language you took it in.
> I would strongly urge you to learn C#. If you know C++, it shouldn't be that
> hard of a transfer for you.
> Good luck in your certification studies.
> --
> Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS x5, MOUS, FLMI, ACS
> * always open to after-hours telecommute (second job) positions.
> * developing personal computer software since before the PC.
>
>
> "Geetha Rani" wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> > I think this question may be asked already, but i didnot find the
> > relevent answer to my question. Please any one tell, whether any
> > certifications are available for the C,C++ and VC++. After I read some of the
> > threads which are available in the site I understood that, there are no
> > certifications available now for these things. Is this is correct? If it is
> > not available we need to go for C#? I didnot know much about C#? can anyone
> > advice? Thanks in advance.
> >
> > --
> > Geetha Rani
> > Programmer Analyst

 
Reply With Quote
 
LarryWestMCSD
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-24-2007
These exams are for the .Net Framework 2.0.
Information can be found at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-526.mspx,
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-536.mspx, and
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-548.mspx

Note that under "Code Languages" C++ is listed for these three. Also note
that these exams really do not test the languages themselves, but rather how
they interface with the .Net Framework.
--
Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS x5, MOUS, FLMI, ACS
* always open to after-hours telecommute (second job) positions.
* developing personal computer software since before the PC.


"Geetha Rani" wrote:

> Hi Sir,
> Thanks for your reply. But one thing I didnot know what are these
> 70-526, 70-536, and 70-548 exams .. and where can i get the information about
> these? Please don't mind, that I may be asking the basic questions that all
> knows. Kidly provide me the information..
> Thanks,
> Geetha Rani.
> --
> Geetha Rani
> Programmer Analyst
>
>
> "LarryWestMCSD" wrote:
>
> > For the MCAD, the only options available are C# and VB .Net.
> > However, you can take the 70-526, 70-536, and 70-548 exams using Visual C++
> > - earning you both an MCTS and MCPD: Windows Development.
> > You cannot take the Web development exams in C++.
> > Unfortunately, for the new certifications, Microsoft doesn't keep track of
> > what language you took it in.
> > I would strongly urge you to learn C#. If you know C++, it shouldn't be that
> > hard of a transfer for you.
> > Good luck in your certification studies.
> > --
> > Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS x5, MOUS, FLMI, ACS
> > * always open to after-hours telecommute (second job) positions.
> > * developing personal computer software since before the PC.
> >
> >
> > "Geetha Rani" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi All,
> > > I think this question may be asked already, but i didnot find the
> > > relevent answer to my question. Please any one tell, whether any
> > > certifications are available for the C,C++ and VC++. After I read some of the
> > > threads which are available in the site I understood that, there are no
> > > certifications available now for these things. Is this is correct? If it is
> > > not available we need to go for C#? I didnot know much about C#? can anyone
> > > advice? Thanks in advance.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Geetha Rani
> > > Programmer Analyst

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which Pays More? MS Certification vs. Cisco Certification vs. IT/MIS emvd007@comcast.net Microsoft Certification 1 01-08-2009 03:37 PM
Which Pays More? MS Certification vs. Cisco Certification vs. IT/MIS emvd007@comcast.net Microsoft Certification 0 01-08-2009 01:02 AM
MCP Certification and the new certification tracks =?Utf-8?B?cm9oYW4=?= Microsoft Certification 2 10-29-2006 05:17 PM
Sun has initiated a new SCJA certification and it is a free certification for the first month jalagamvenkat@gmail.com Java 1 06-03-2005 03:05 PM



Advertisments