Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Skip HttpModule Use?

Skip HttpModule Use?

poi

I have an HttpModule defined in my web.config, sometimes I want to use
it and sometimes I don't. Is there a way to declare whether I need it
or not in my code-behind?

Thanks.

John Saunders

"poi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have an HttpModule defined in my web.config, sometimes I want to use
> it and sometimes I don't. Is there a way to declare whether I need it
> or not in my code-behind?

Which code-behind? An HttpModule is called for every request. It doesn't
depend on the codebehind of any given page.

Have your HttpModule decide whether or not it is needed, or else partition
your pages into those which need it and those which do not. Put these
partitions in separate directory trees and use a separate web.config in each
tree.
--
John