Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > No. of questions in MCAD

No. of questions in MCAD

Praveen

Hi, I am preparing for MCAD.
It will be great if anyone can answer my below questions:-
1) Approxiamte no. of questions in a MCAD exam.
2) Pass percentage for each paper.

--
Excellence is not a destination it is a journey.

Balu

To be a mcad ..u hav to take 3 exams..in which each may contain around 50
ques..and u hav to score 70% in each..
all the best 4 ur preparationn...
"Praveen" wrote:

> Hi, I am preparing for MCAD.
> It will be great if anyone can answer my below questions:-
> 1) Approxiamte no. of questions in a MCAD exam.
> 2) Pass percentage for each paper.
>
> --
> Excellence is not a destination it is a journey.

Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD

September 1, 2006

Hey Praveen.... "officially" there are 3 different formats of each exam....
a short version (around probably 15 questions), a mid version (I believe
around 35 questions), and a long version (I believe 50-70).........

I got that information from the MCP Regional Support Center a year or so
back.... so my memory is hazy, but basically you are given one of those
formats randomly.

As far as a percentage, MSFT doesn't give an official one... partly because
questions are weighted differently, and it is more based on a points
system.... but most people believe it is roughly 70%, which is 700 points
out of 1000 (officially there is no "top" points number for getting 100%
correct), but generally this is what is believed & observed.

Hope this helps!
--
Joseph Bittman
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer