Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > NO Prior Experience

NO Prior Experience

Jorge

Would it be possible to pass the exam with no prior hands on experience.
I'm taking the 305 exam next week and the only prior experince has been the
book examples. I purchased the whole .net core package and I have used the
questions provided. Those questions are long and hard, plus I purchased the
Trancender bundle as well and so far it has been good.
But, the hardest test I have taken has been from the microsoft assesment
website. the best score I had so far has been a 64%
I need guidance. should I have some prior experince or is this ok.

Cerebrus

Jorge wrote:

> should I have some prior experince or is this ok.

IMHO, Not a strict requirement if you've learnt, understood and
practiced the concepts well.

Jorge

"Cerebrus" wrote:

> Jorge wrote:
>
> > should I have some prior experince or is this ok.

> IMHO, Not a strict requirement if you've learnt, understood and
> practiced the concepts well.

OOP?
Framework?
Syntax?

what do you think?

Cerebrus

Jorge wrote:

> "Cerebrus" wrote:

> OOP?
> Framework?
> Syntax?
>
> what do you think?

Kindly clarify your question.

Jorge

"Cerebrus" wrote:

> Jorge wrote:
>
> > "Cerebrus" wrote:

> > OOP?
> > Framework?
> > Syntax?
> >
> > what do you think?

> Kindly clarify your question.

you said to understand the concept.
Do you mean concepts like

Object Oriented Programming?
The .Net Framework? or
The Syntax?

Cerebrus

> you said to understand the concept.
> Do you mean concepts like
>
> Object Oriented Programming?
> The .Net Framework? or
> The Syntax?

I don't think OOP concepts are tested on the exams. The last 2, I would
say, yes. But there's much more to it. The Preparation guide at the MS
site gives you a pretty good idea.

For each topic ask yourself the questions - What, When, Why.

gorm.mail@gmail.com

> For each topic ask yourself the questions - What, When, Why.

My favourite is: How, When, Why

How do we eat - struggling to get going
(we have no good AJAX framework. No we haven't)

When do we eat - mastering a skill includes knowing when to use it and
when not to
(if you choose to learn IL, don't write in IL, you will not beat the
C++ optimizer in the next version of the framework)

Why do we eat - understand your outcome
(when I don't understand how to use a product instinctively, the
producers have failed to understand me)

Thor

<spammed_gorm.spæmmed.mail@gmæil.com_for_the_rest_ of_my_life> wrote in
message

Thank you, thank you.

Thank you new version of newsreader to be unable to post.
When you (you know who you are) release update of newsreader, please test if
able to post to newsgroups before distributing (nice feature).

Thank you g-something for no longer automatically scrambling my email when
posting from your site.

Any suggestion when it comes to where getting a new utility mail account?

One should think I had "NO Prior Experience".
Thanks again, m-something and g-something
53/Thor

Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD

Sept. 1, 2006

Yes, it is possible to pass the exams without previous experience...
however, it will probably require quite a few more books than those only in
the .Net MS Press bundle.

I roughly needed 4 books per exam with around 3-4 months study time per
exam.... wasn't easy but I definitely remembered the concepts and examples.

I prefered to read the MS Press training kits after I read other books on
the topic... as the training kits are written specific to the exams, and
therefore cover basically all the small details you will need to know, which
you'd probably forget if you read it first.... and it doesn't mean the
Training Kits had more concepts, just had very small details which are a
little out of touch from reality in the sense of a developer not really
needing to know them.

Good luck!
--
Joseph Bittman