Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > RE: 70-320: Help with Loosely Coupled Events Services Example!

RE: 70-320: Help with Loosely Coupled Events Services Example!

Javaman59

Hi David,

I wroted a longer reply to this, but it got lost when I submitted it, so
I'll have to be quick. You basic problem is the MS doco, which is shocking!
After creating your event and sink, you need to the instantiate the sink
(LceSink) and subscribe to the event. Good luck trying to work out how to do
that - I haven't been able to!

You'll find this somewhere else in the MSDN...

Note To create persistent or transient subscriptions between the sink and
the event class, use the COM+ administration objects with scripts or managed
code. You can also create transient subscriptions using the Component
Services administrative tool, accessible from the Windows Control Panel.

And they leave it there!

A better example can be found at...

http://www.ondotnet.com/pub/a/dotnet...x.html?page=11

And they also cut out with a two liner saying that the next step is to
subscribe!

Good luck,

javaman

Javaman59

> After creating your event and sink, you need to the instantiate the sink
> (LceSink) and subscribe to the event. Good luck trying to work out how to do

I've just seen an example in one of my other books, and you don't need to
instantiate the sink (mysterious!). You use "All Programs,Administrative
Tools" to subscribe to event.