Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > How to get MCAD Welcome kit

How to get MCAD Welcome kit

Arun Govindan

I cleared my mcad on june23rd. I got my mcp welcome kit after registering on
the mcp member site. What is the procedure i need to follow to get my MCAD
welcome kit??

--
Thanks
Arun G

Simon Hart

Congratulations! You now need to log into the secure MCP site and request
your welcome kit just as you must have done for your MCP.

Regards
Simon.

"Arun Govindan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I cleared my mcad on june23rd. I got my mcp welcome kit after registering
>on
> the mcp member site. What is the procedure i need to follow to get my MCAD
> welcome kit??
>
> --
> Thanks
> Arun G

Arun Govindan

Thx for the prompt response. But actually i searched on the mcp site for the
mcad welcome kit but i am unable to get that same. Can you please give me the
link to apply for that??
--
Thanks

"Simon Hart" wrote:

> Congratulations! You now need to log into the secure MCP site and request
> your welcome kit just as you must have done for your MCP.
>
> Regards
> Simon.
>
> "Arun Govindan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I cleared my mcad on june23rd. I got my mcp welcome kit after registering
> >on
> > the mcp member site. What is the procedure i need to follow to get my MCAD
> > welcome kit??
> >
> > --
> > Thanks
> > Arun G

Cerebrus

Arun Govindan wrote:
> Thx for the prompt response. But actually i searched on the mcp site for the
> mcad welcome kit but i am unable to get that same. Can you please give me the
> link to apply for that??
> --
> Thanks

Go to "Program benefits" on the Left hand menu, then choose "Member
kit". On this page, you will need to verify your address, and then
request for the kit.

Arun Govindan

I had gone through the links as you specified in the mail. "Welcome kit" link
is there in the "Program Benefits" page. But that link contains the option to
go to FAQ only.

Also i clicked on the link "View MY" in the left pane where it shows the
link as "Transcript". If i clicked on that link then it clearly shows that i
cleared "229, 315 and 316" but still the credential is showing as "Microsoft
Certified Professional"

I am confused now. I cleared "229, 315 and 316" and i think that this is
enough for getting the MCAD. Please help me on this. I got MCP Kit but i need
the procedure the to get the MCAD Kit. Whether Micrsoft will send a separate
kit for MCAD??

--
Thanks
Arun G

"Cerebrus" wrote:

> Arun Govindan wrote:
> > Thx for the prompt response. But actually i searched on the mcp site for the
> > mcad welcome kit but i am unable to get that same. Can you please give me the
> > link to apply for that??
> > --
> > Thanks

> Go to "Program benefits" on the Left hand menu, then choose "Member
> kit". On this page, you will need to verify your address, and then
> request for the kit.

Cerebrus

Yes, they provide a separate welcome kit for MCAD. But I haven't
checked if the exams you've given make you eligible for MCAD. If they
do, then the info. probably hasn't been updated at the site yet. You
could try waiting a few days then check. If it isn't updated, contact
your regional service center.

Simon Hart

Exams 229, 315 and 316 do not satisfy the requirements for MCAD. The problem
here is you have selected two electives. Only one is allowed and two core
exams. Unless of course you used 316 or 315 as a core you could use the
other as an elective. But because you used 229 as an elective this equates
to false. I must admit the web site is not that clear on this.

See here for more info:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp

You need to take 320 or 310 to become MCAD.

Regards
Simon.

"Arun Govindan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I had gone through the links as you specified in the mail. "Welcome kit"
>link
> is there in the "Program Benefits" page. But that link contains the option
> go to FAQ only.
>
> Also i clicked on the link "View MY" in the left pane where it shows the
> link as "Transcript". If i clicked on that link then it clearly shows that
> cleared "229, 315 and 316" but still the credential is showing as
> "Microsoft
> Certified Professional"
>
> I am confused now. I cleared "229, 315 and 316" and i think that this is
> enough for getting the MCAD. Please help me on this. I got MCP Kit but i
> need
> the procedure the to get the MCAD Kit. Whether Micrsoft will send a
> separate
> kit for MCAD??
>
> --
> Thanks
> Arun G
>
> "Cerebrus" wrote:
>

>> Arun Govindan wrote:
>> > Thx for the prompt response. But actually i searched on the mcp site
>> > for the
>> > mcad welcome kit but i am unable to get that same. Can you please give
>> > me the
>> > link to apply for that??
>> > --
>> > Thanks

>> Go to "Program benefits" on the Left hand menu, then choose "Member
>> kit". On this page, you will need to verify your address, and then
>> request for the kit.

Carlos Camacho

I agree with Simon.

Arun, you didn´t got the requirements for MCAD.
If you choose VB .Net as your programming language, you´ll need to pass the
70-310 Exam. Else if you choose C#, you´ll need to pass the 70-320 Exam.

Don´t worry, you´re in right way.

I need to pass in the 70-310 to become MCAD too.
By the way, I purchased the book "MCAD/MCSD Developing XML Web Services and
Server Components with Visual Basic .NET and the .NET Framework - Exam
70-310" to self-study. It is a very good material.

Well, best luck for us!

Carlos Camacho.
MCP

"Arun Govindan" wrote:

> I had gone through the links as you specified in the mail. "Welcome kit" link
> is there in the "Program Benefits" page. But that link contains the option to
> go to FAQ only.
>
> Also i clicked on the link "View MY" in the left pane where it shows the
> link as "Transcript". If i clicked on that link then it clearly shows that i
> cleared "229, 315 and 316" but still the credential is showing as "Microsoft
> Certified Professional"
>
> I am confused now. I cleared "229, 315 and 316" and i think that this is
> enough for getting the MCAD. Please help me on this. I got MCP Kit but i need
> the procedure the to get the MCAD Kit. Whether Micrsoft will send a separate
> kit for MCAD??
>
> --
> Thanks
> Arun G
>
> "Cerebrus" wrote:
>

> > Arun Govindan wrote:
> > > Thx for the prompt response. But actually i searched on the mcp site for the
> > > mcad welcome kit but i am unable to get that same. Can you please give me the
> > > link to apply for that??
> > > --
> > > Thanks

> > Go to "Program benefits" on the Left hand menu, then choose "Member
> > kit". On this page, you will need to verify your address, and then
> > request for the kit.

Arun Govindan

Thanks a lot Simon and Carlos. I planned to start my 70-310 preparation from
today itself. All the best Carlos for your 70-310 exam
--
Thanks
Arun G