Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless USB "cable"

Wireless USB "cable"

Serial # 19781010

Am using my Canon with the included Remote Capture software with good
results. Have pretty much total control over camera with just a USB
cable connection.

However would like to use this software outside near my bird feeder to
get close ups of the birds.

Question:
What would I need to replace the USB cable with a wireless connection?
That is plug some kind of transciever into camera USB port and one
into computer UBS port and get rid of cable? 50-100 range would be
nice.

Thanks
Beowulf

P.S did I mention it should be cheap?

Jack

Hi

USB client side can not be fit with common Wireless unless it was built
specifically for the device.

To the best of my knowledge there is no special Ethernet Wireless to regular
consumer camera. Few companies (like D-Link) manufacture special Wireless
Video camera, and there is also a product that claims that it can turn every
USB to be Network.

Both solutions might be a $300 expense.

Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...