Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > passed 70-315 on 2nd attempt now want Job

Reply
Thread Tools

passed 70-315 on 2nd attempt now want Job

 
 
Simon Hart
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-27-2006
Working as a developer, generally you need to know all technologies not just
ADO.NET. Often most consultancies use the Enterprise Library from Microsoft
which really render most indepth knowledge of native ADO.NET obsolete.
Enterprise Library is not part of the MCAD/MCSD programme, btw.

You will find your future employer will be testing your knowledge on whether
you can come up with solutions to problems. Always remember to use
technology based on the customers requirements, not for technologies sake.
You will be suprised how many companies out there use technology for
technologies sake, rather than thinking about the best solution.

Regards
Simon.

"airwalker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for ur reply codejunky22.
>
> I've seen some jobs advertising that were asking for applicants with mcp,
> mcad or mcsd and about 2 years experience. I've talked to some other
> people
> and they have said the same thing as you, that it would be better to wait
> until I have mcad.
>
> In your job role as a developer what are the most comman tasks that you
> do,
> is it mostly ado.net stuff? and when I start applying for developer roles,
> what kind of interview questions/test do you think will I come up against.
>
> "CodeJunky22" wrote:
>
>> airwalker,
>>
>> I applied for positions while on the path to MCAD with little results. I
>> was
>> hired two weeks after I recieved my MCAD. This is a testament to the
>> value of
>> a premier certification from Microsoft.
>> --
>> Mike MCAD
>>
>>
>> "airwalker" wrote:
>>
>> > I passed 70-315 today on my 2nd attempt. I been learning c#, asp.net,
>> > ado.net
>> > for about a year now. I want to get my career started by appying for
>> > some
>> > junior developer roles. should I do this now with my mcp or wait until
>> > I have
>> > mcad or mcsd??



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
CodeJunky22
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-28-2006
airwalker,

> In your job role as a developer what are the most comman tasks that you do,
> is it mostly ado.net stuff?

My efforts have for the most part been focused on converting a VERY large
website from ASP 3.0 to ASP.NET. Yes, there is alot of database access.

> what kind of interview questions/test do you think will I come up against.

That's impossble to answer without knowing what position the interview is for.

I wish you well in your ambitions. I'm taking 70-300 Friday, wish me luck!
--
Mike MCAD


"airwalker" wrote:

> Thanks for ur reply codejunky22.
>
> I've seen some jobs advertising that were asking for applicants with mcp,
> mcad or mcsd and about 2 years experience. I've talked to some other people
> and they have said the same thing as you, that it would be better to wait
> until I have mcad.
>
> In your job role as a developer what are the most comman tasks that you do,
> is it mostly ado.net stuff? and when I start applying for developer roles,
> what kind of interview questions/test do you think will I come up against.
>
> "CodeJunky22" wrote:
>
> > airwalker,
> >
> > I applied for positions while on the path to MCAD with little results. I was
> > hired two weeks after I recieved my MCAD. This is a testament to the value of
> > a premier certification from Microsoft.
> > --
> > Mike MCAD
> >
> >
> > "airwalker" wrote:
> >
> > > I passed 70-315 today on my 2nd attempt. I been learning c#, asp.net, ado.net
> > > for about a year now. I want to get my career started by appying for some
> > > junior developer roles. should I do this now with my mcp or wait until I have
> > > mcad or mcsd??

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
warrier
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-28-2006


"airwalker" wrote:

> I passed 70-315 today on my 2nd attempt. I been learning c#, asp.net, ado.net
> for about a year now. I want to get my career started by appying for some
> junior developer roles. should I do this now with my mcp or wait until I have
> mcad or mcsd??





hi airwalker,
i am currently preparing for MCAD 70-315. i am ok with web application and
now want to make a career in it. as u have passed the xams, i wanted to know
the questions they ask for exams r they specific to .net framework 2.0 or is
..net framework1.1
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
pc starts at 2nd attempt tomm Computer Support 22 04-24-2009 10:24 PM
2nd Attempt : How can I count the actual number of operations performed in a program junaidnaseer@gmail.com C++ 9 05-10-2006 10:24 AM
2nd Attempt at 70-315 airwalker MCAD 3 02-27-2006 11:37 PM
Can't locate object method "first" via package "attempt" (perhaps you forgot to load "attempt"?) at .... GMI Perl Misc 3 06-19-2005 10:44 PM
Re: 2nd attempt: UDP Socket Bug John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\) ASP .Net 3 01-05-2004 10:31 PM



Advertisments