Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > QUE vs Prep Logic

QUE vs Prep Logic

Crazy Diamond

Hi.
I've been studying for 70-316 using the Kalani book from QUE. I was feeling
quite confident after reading the questions in the book but after looking at
the questions in the PrepLogic Practice Exam, I'm getting a bit worried.

The PrepLogic questions seem much harder than those in the book, although
most people seem to recommend the book for the exam. Which questions offer a
truer reflection of the exam?

Blackmetal

Hello,

In my experience, I have bought some practice exams from PrepLogic and
MeasureUp and I feel that the Preplogic questions are easier than MeasureUp

"Crazy Diamond" <Crazy http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi.
> I've been studying for 70-316 using the Kalani book from QUE. I was
> feeling
> quite confident after reading the questions in the book but after looking
> at
> the questions in the PrepLogic Practice Exam, I'm getting a bit worried.
>
> The PrepLogic questions seem much harder than those in the book, although
> most people seem to recommend the book for the exam. Which questions offer
> truer reflection of the exam?

Cerebrus

Hi,

>> Which questions offer a truer reflection of the exam?

I think neither. IMHO, Both the questions in the Que test and the
Preplogic test are quite good, but neither is what the exam is. (Don't
worry, it's not that difficult). I would suggest however, that you
practice until you can get a good score on any practice test you can
lay your hands on.

Reading your subject line made me think you wanted a comparison between
the Que Test and the PrepLogic practice test. I do concede that the
PrepLogic practice test is just supposed to be a free sample. They
might have completely different structured tests in their retail stuff.

If asked to give them points for relevancy (on 10), I would give :

PrepLogic : 6

Que : 7.5

I know there might be a lot of people out there who would disagree, so
I guess it's every person's opinion. And that's mine.

Regards,

Cerebrus.

Simon Hart

I too found this which meant I was not ready and I didn't take the exam
until I was comftable with the questions from PrepLogic.

You should be able to score 85% or more on demand in the PrepLogic exams. If
you can do this then you are ready, if not keep studying.

Regards
Simon.

"Crazy Diamond" <Crazy (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi.
> I've been studying for 70-316 using the Kalani book from QUE. I was
> feeling
> quite confident after reading the questions in the book but after looking
> at
> the questions in the PrepLogic Practice Exam, I'm getting a bit worried.
>
> The PrepLogic questions seem much harder than those in the book, although
> most people seem to recommend the book for the exam. Which questions offer
> truer reflection of the exam?

Crazy Diamond

Just passed the exam with 900.

Was getting a bit worried last night after looking at the PrepLogic practice
test for the first time and only scoring around 50% and having a hard time
with most of the questions.

To answer my own question, I found the exam far more like the questions in
the QUE book than in the PrepLogic test. If you answer the questions in the
book correctly you should do ok in the exam.

2 areas I didn't think the book didn't go into enough detail were ADO.NET
and the command line utilities.

There were a lot (50%?) of questions in the exam on ADO.NET, not all of
which were covered by the book, although to be fair it does give more than
enough to pass I would say.

I got a question about certificates and the use of signcode.exe which is
only briefly covered by the book and another about caspol.exe. In general, I
would recommend playing about with each of the utilities mentioned in the
book as it only mentions each one briefly.

Hope this helps.

woodcocs

Microsoft are running a scheme at the moment in which you can retake
the exam for free if you fail at the first attempt. You have to
pre-register for the scheme which is free and you'll get a code to use
when you book your exam.
Given the 2 for 1 offer the moment you could try the exam and if you
fail then buy a practise exam. So you might save the cost of a
practise exam and won't need to pay for the exam itself twice.
But personally I'd recommend purchasing a practise exam such as Self
Test Software, because although Kalani's books are very good, the
questions in the book and on the Preplogic disc are easier than the
real exam and there will be a few areas that you may not have covered
in sufficient depth. If those areas come up a lot in the exam you
could fail.
Good luck anyway.

Python Logic Map/Logic Flow Chart. (Example Provided) spike Python 8 02-09-2010 12:31 PM
Asynchronous Logic Gates and Analog Logic Gates Jyoti Ballabh Software 3 11-26-2009 06:48 PM
RE: QUE MCAD/MCSD or ADO.NET step by Step? alex green\(italy\) MCSD 0 10-10-2004 02:13 AM
que Amari MCSD 2 06-21-2004 11:56 AM
Prep Logic thane MCSA 1 01-28-2004 07:17 PM

Advertisments