Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > My Prep Guide for 70-316 !

My Prep Guide for 70-316 !

ship50

Hi !

Cleared 70-316 with 940.

I used lots of books. Here is the list:

Started with -

Introducing Microsoft .NET, 3rd Ed.(MS-Press): To understand the .NET
Framework as I was totally new to this.

Then -

Beginning Visual C#(Wrox) + Core Reference, Programming Microsoft Windows
with C#(MS-Press) : To understand the C# Language.

AND

OOP with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual C# Step
by Step (MS-Press) : To understand Microsoft's point of view on OOP.

Next -

Microsoft ADO.NET Step By Step(MS-Press) + Professional ADO.NET
Programming(Wrox) : To understand ADO.NET

Next -

Professional C#, 3rd Ed.(Wrox)

Finally -

MCAD/MCSD Training Guide for 70-316 By Amit Kalani (QUE): For exam specific
study.

I know it is a long list of books and it took me around 5 months. But I had
no programming experience before. Never written a line of code before I
started this exam attempt. I made a lot of apps, starting with a simple
'Hello World' and moving on to develop an accounting and inventory package
for a book store which includes Amazon.com web services.

I really enjoyed this (and passing on the first attempt made me happier) and
now preparing for 70-315. Thanks to all you wonderfull people who post so
much valuable informations. Thanks a lot !

vivacasvegas

congratulations on passing first time
Im sort of in the same boat as you expect i have had a little experience at
programming before although not with c# which is the exam im wanting to take.
been looking through these forums and getting intimidated by it but if going
from knowing nothing to passing the exam in 5 months, that would do me. can i
asked how long you studied for each day/week?

"vivacasvegas" wrote:

> congratulations on passing first time

Thanks a lot.

> Im sort of in the same boat as you expect i have had a little experience at
> programming before although not with c# which is the exam im wanting to take.
> been looking through these forums and getting intimidated by it but if going
> from knowing nothing to passing the exam in 5 months, that would do me. can i
> asked how long you studied for each day/week?

As I have a full time job, I studied the books at the lunch break(around 45
min) and then after returning home in the evening, I studied for another 2
hrs. Then at night, I did the coding part for another 2 hrs. On holidays, I
studied/coded for around 6hrs a day.