Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Does the 70-536 serve as replacement for the 70-315?

Reply
Thread Tools

Does the 70-536 serve as replacement for the 70-315?

 
 
LuluDev
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-29-2006
Looking at the documentation for 70-315 vs 70-536, it seems that 70-536
replaces the 70-315? Does anyone agree, or know the answer to my question.?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
WSUS
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-30-2006
NO

536 covers everything in .NET 2.0, 528 focus on the ASP.NET. You should
select 528 if you can afford only one exam.

You need to pass both 528 and 536 to get MCTS at web development. That
should be at similar level as MCAD.

When I took the 536 beta, I didn't have enough time to get fully prepared.
Now, I am re-preparing it. Although, I think I did make more than a little
nice guesses and I should have a good chance to pass the beta, I still need
to prepare the topics again for the 55x upgrade betas.



"LuluDev" <(E-Mail Removed)>
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> Looking at the documentation for 70-315 vs 70-536, it seems that 70-536
> replaces the 70-315? Does anyone agree, or know the answer to my

question.?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
LuluDev
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-30-2006
Thank-you for your help. Do you know if you need to be invited to take the
beta exam? I see the postings by Sandra Webber that has the promo codes that
allow you to take the exam and receive a voucher. But, from some other
various reading I have done on the web, I thought you need to be officially
invited to take the beta test.

I understand that you should only take it if you feel you are qualified etc.
But I just want to make sure if I am able to use www.vue.com to signup for
the test, that I can actually appear on test day and take the beta.

"WSUS" wrote:

> NO
>
> 536 covers everything in .NET 2.0, 528 focus on the ASP.NET. You should
> select 528 if you can afford only one exam.
>
> You need to pass both 528 and 536 to get MCTS at web development. That
> should be at similar level as MCAD.
>
> When I took the 536 beta, I didn't have enough time to get fully prepared.
> Now, I am re-preparing it. Although, I think I did make more than a little
> nice guesses and I should have a good chance to pass the beta, I still need
> to prepare the topics again for the 55x upgrade betas.
>
>
>
> "LuluDev" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
> > Looking at the documentation for 70-315 vs 70-536, it seems that 70-536
> > replaces the 70-315? Does anyone agree, or know the answer to my

> question.?
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
WSUS
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-31-2006
If the beta post is send by someone else, you should not use the promotion
code. However, you should read Sandra Webber's signature:

> Sondra Webber
> Program Manager
> Developer and Database Certifications
> Microsoft Corporation


If he's not the real Sondra Webber, the post would have been deleted.

In the past, they send invitation to individuals. I can see that MS
extended the beta period of the new .NET exams. It seems that MS needs more
people to participate in the betas. If you want to signup, do it now. The
seats are limited. Even if you got the official invitation by email, you
may still miss the exam if the seats are full.



"LuluDev" <(E-Mail Removed)>
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> Thank-you for your help. Do you know if you need to be invited to take the
> beta exam? I see the postings by Sandra Webber that has the promo codes

that
> allow you to take the exam and receive a voucher. But, from some other
> various reading I have done on the web, I thought you need to be

officially
> invited to take the beta test.
>
> I understand that you should only take it if you feel you are qualified

etc.
> But I just want to make sure if I am able to use www.vue.com to signup for
> the test, that I can actually appear on test day and take the beta.
>
> "WSUS" wrote:
>
> > NO
> >
> > 536 covers everything in .NET 2.0, 528 focus on the ASP.NET. You should
> > select 528 if you can afford only one exam.
> >
> > You need to pass both 528 and 536 to get MCTS at web development. That
> > should be at similar level as MCAD.
> >
> > When I took the 536 beta, I didn't have enough time to get fully

prepared.
> > Now, I am re-preparing it. Although, I think I did make more than a

little
> > nice guesses and I should have a good chance to pass the beta, I still

need
> > to prepare the topics again for the 55x upgrade betas.
> >
> >
> >
> > "LuluDev" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)
> > > Looking at the documentation for 70-315 vs 70-536, it seems that

70-536
> > > replaces the 70-315? Does anyone agree, or know the answer to my

> > question.?
> >
> >
> >



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does pure, standard C++ alone serve any practical purpose? Peter C++ 8 12-29-2012 05:24 PM
Re: Does final serve any purpose? Kevin McMurtrie Java 4 10-15-2010 05:22 AM
Re: Does final serve any purpose? Tom Anderson Java 4 10-15-2010 03:37 AM
Does a DSL USB modem serve as a hardware firewall? Jimmy Dean Computer Support 7 10-13-2004 01:34 PM
Installing IIS and it does not serve ASP pages Billy ASP General 7 12-17-2003 06:54 PM



Advertisments