Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Hi all... Help needed

Hi all... Help needed

friend

Hi all,

Could any one please do let me know the following

1. What are the pre requisites to start preparing the MCAD exam? Say
for e.g knowing C++ and is there anything else that has to be know.

2. How to start our preparation towards the MCAD. What are the
referance material we need to get...

3. Do we need to join any course kinda thing...

Thanks and Regards,
Rajesh

Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD

January 9, 2005

#1, C++/C is NOT covered under the MCAD exams, and therefore you will get
nowhere by studying it!

Prep mostly is obtained through books such as the Microsoft Press Training
Kits (there is a dedicated one for each exam), or other subject-related
MSPress books. There is a 4 pack of TKs (Training Kits) for a good price for
the MCAD/MCSD exams... much cheaper than buying them individually.

Take a look at the exam objectives for each exam at:

microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-NNN.asp

Just replace NNN with the last three digits of the exam number... like:

microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-306.asp

There are courses available, but they are EXPENSIVE! LOL Like $1200+ per
course and you might need 3 per exam.... Books are the most common way to
study. - There are a few free e-learning courses at microsoftelearning.com.
Also, there are free practice exams at microsoft.com/learning/assessment/.

Hope this helps!! Let us know if you have more questions...

--

Joseph Bittman
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

Blog/Web Site: http://71.39.42.23/

"friend" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> Could any one please do let me know the following
>
> 1. What are the pre requisites to start preparing the MCAD exam? Say
> for e.g knowing C++ and is there anything else that has to be know.
>
> 2. How to start our preparation towards the MCAD. What are the
> referance material we need to get...
>
> 3. Do we need to join any course kinda thing...
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Rajesh

friend

Thanks for the help!!! Basically i have only very less knowledge when
comes to .net... so will elearning and taking books will be suffice...
and i am not sure how to start preparing for the exam. I heard this
certification needs some upgrade exam that has to be taken... so should
i wait for that to happen or shall i start now itself...

Thanks,
Rajesh

Sean

Here is my view.

If you are currently working and dont have 8 hours a day to study it might
be best to start perparing for .Net 2.0. However, if you are currently
unemployed, have some time and want a certification to better your resume
perhaps current tests are the call.

Last years survey showed that 90% of all MS certified proffesionals learned
by reading material (all of which can be purchased at a bookstore or online).

I got MCAD certified by reading and I am currently in various interviews.
One of which I completely nailed on the technical questionare. I hope to get
that one.

"friend" wrote:

> Thanks for the help!!! Basically i have only very less knowledge when
> comes to .net... so will elearning and taking books will be suffice...
> and i am not sure how to start preparing for the exam. I heard this
> certification needs some upgrade exam that has to be taken... so should
> i wait for that to happen or shall i start now itself...
>
> Thanks,
> Rajesh

friend

Hi,

Yeah i am employed and i find very less time to do certification... So
how about .Net 2.0? how about the certification... is it again like
MCAD?
All the best for ur interviews!!!

Thanks
Rajesh

Sean

Yeah go for 2.0. Check out the main website here for certifications and you
should be able to find what you need to know.
In fact, when you look at test details many of them are more detailed then
the older exams so you can know item for item which subjects you need to
study.

"friend" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yeah i am employed and i find very less time to do certification... So
> how about .Net 2.0? how about the certification... is it again like
> MCAD?
> All the best for ur interviews!!!
>
> Thanks
> Rajesh

friend

Thanks.
Could you please send me the link of the official site for .Net 2.0...