Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > What route to take??

What route to take??

mickyjtwin

I have my Bsc. in Computing(Computer Science/Software Development) graduating
in 2001. In the interim, I have been involved in other non-computing
projects, and have in the past 2 years re-established my love of
computing/developing, in particular with web design/development. I am
responsible for the creation/devopment/maintenance of 2 corporate web sites,
both of with at present are in ASP. I am now making the change (personally
first) to ASP.NET 2.0, then changing the websites. The websites include a
client portal which I know will benefit from ASP.NET 2.0. My question is, is
it worth me persuing my MCAD, or should i just keep on learning ASP.NET 2.0
with the books I have bought, and work up? Is there a huge benefit is getting
certified? I'm not being pressured to get it, it's more of a personal goal to
be able to say "I've done it", and have the achievement.

THanks for your replies,
Michael Wingert

myost2921

I learned quite a bit just from taking the tests. There are certain things
that you take for granted as a developer and when you're done with the test,
you relearn it all. Just my 2 cents.

"mickyjtwin" wrote:

> I have my Bsc. in Computing(Computer Science/Software Development) graduating
> in 2001. In the interim, I have been involved in other non-computing
> projects, and have in the past 2 years re-established my love of
> computing/developing, in particular with web design/development. I am
> responsible for the creation/devopment/maintenance of 2 corporate web sites,
> both of with at present are in ASP. I am now making the change (personally
> first) to ASP.NET 2.0, then changing the websites. The websites include a
> client portal which I know will benefit from ASP.NET 2.0. My question is, is
> it worth me persuing my MCAD, or should i just keep on learning ASP.NET 2.0
> with the books I have bought, and work up? Is there a huge benefit is getting
> certified? I'm not being pressured to get it, it's more of a personal goal to
> be able to say "I've done it", and have the achievement.
>
> THanks for your replies,
> Michael Wingert

mickyjtwin

Should I read the books first, as in the MCAD books, or just read my ASP 2.0
books then take the test.

Mick