Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > begin MCSD/MCAD

begin MCSD/MCAD

Sven

Hi all,

I am a software developer for almost 10 years now. I wrote programs
using different languages such as rpg, cobol, vb5/6 and vb.net.

>From now on I would like to get the MCAD certificate, more specific I

want to make the WinApps exam (70-306), the WebApps exam (70-305) and
the XML exam (70-310).

I do not want to wait and already went over the 70-306 self paced book
for the first time. Anyway, I will do that exam somewhere in january.

Does it make sense to do continue doing all three exams. In other words
will Microsoft retire one of those exams in 2006 ?

Afterwards I can do some upgrade exam toward VS 2005, so I'm not
hesitating to do the first exam, but want to be sure that it has sense
to study those 3 exams and get my MCAD by end of june 2006.

thanks for your reply
Sven

Sean

Here are some bullet points

1. New exams (not upgrade exams) are coming out in the first quarter of 2006
(very soon).

2. Although .Net 2.0 has added many features which will keep us all in study
ADO.Net has been extreemly simplified and the MCAD exams love to focus on
ADO.Net so in my view learning the details of ADO.NET 1.1 would be legacy
study.

3. If I was 1/3 into it at this point in time I personally would still go
..Net 2.0 however, having both 1.1 and 2.0 on the resume in 2006 would be
pretty slick. So its hard to say I suppose.

"Sven" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am a software developer for almost 10 years now. I wrote programs
> using different languages such as rpg, cobol, vb5/6 and vb.net.
>
> >From now on I would like to get the MCAD certificate, more specific I

> want to make the WinApps exam (70-306), the WebApps exam (70-305) and
> the XML exam (70-310).
>
> I do not want to wait and already went over the 70-306 self paced book
> for the first time. Anyway, I will do that exam somewhere in january.
>
> Does it make sense to do continue doing all three exams. In other words
> will Microsoft retire one of those exams in 2006 ?
>
> Afterwards I can do some upgrade exam toward VS 2005, so I'm not
> hesitating to do the first exam, but want to be sure that it has sense
> to study those 3 exams and get my MCAD by end of june 2006.
>
> thanks for your reply
> Sven

OT: Let the games begin! Briscobar MCSE 33 03-06-2006 06:20 PM
Who is altering Subject lines to begin with Antw: Merv Cisco 10 02-17-2006 03:03 AM
Begin studies for 70-315 Eduardo Francell MCSD 1 07-08-2005 04:59 AM
Where to begin? =?Utf-8?B?Y2M=?= MCSE 31 11-26-2004 03:35 PM
Where to begin newIT Microsoft Certification 2 07-02-2004 06:01 PM

Advertisments