Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > "Certifications for Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 will be available in early 2006"

"Certifications for Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 will be available in early 2006"

DST

Certifications for Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 will be
available in early 2006. Microsoft will present more information about
the credentials and learning resources at a launch event Nov. 7 for the
Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005 and BizTalk« Server 2006 products.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...ewCertsPR.mspx

DST

Vipul Patel

Additional link is
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/newgen/

"DST" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
Certifications for Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 will be
available in early 2006. Microsoft will present more information about
the credentials and learning resources at a launch event Nov. 7 for the
Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005 and BizTalk« Server 2006 products.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...ewCertsPR.mspx

DST

AviationDev

Did I miss something, or is there no upgrade path for current MCADs? It seem
like all current MCADs will have to start from scratch. Is this true?
--
Nick Wegner
MCP

"Vipul Patel" wrote:

> Additional link is
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/newgen/
>
> "DST" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Certifications for Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 will be
> available in early 2006. Microsoft will present more information about
> the credentials and learning resources at a launch event Nov. 7 for the
> Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005 and BizTalk® Server 2006 products.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...ewCertsPR.mspx
>
> DST

Vipul Patel

There should be an upgrade path..

I will post the link later

"AviationDev" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Did I miss something, or is there no upgrade path for current MCADs? It
> seem
> like all current MCADs will have to start from scratch. Is this true?
> --
> Nick Wegner
> MCP
>

> "Vipul Patel" wrote:
>
>> Additional link is
>> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/newgen/
>>
>> "DST" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> Certifications for Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 will be
>> available in early 2006. Microsoft will present more information about
>> the credentials and learning resources at a launch event Nov. 7 for the
>> Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005 and BizTalk« Server 2006 products.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...ewCertsPR.mspx
>>
>> DST

EggHead

The upgrade path is at the btm of the link
MCAD - either 70-552 or 70-551
MCSD - 70-553 and 70-554
Egghead

"Vipul Patel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> There should be an upgrade path..
>
> I will post the link later
>

> "AviationDev" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Did I miss something, or is there no upgrade path for current MCADs? It
>> seem
>> like all current MCADs will have to start from scratch. Is this true?
>> --
>> Nick Wegner
>> MCP
>>

>> "Vipul Patel" wrote:
>>
>>> Additional link is
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/newgen/
>>>
>>> "DST" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>> Certifications for Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 will be
>>> available in early 2006. Microsoft will present more information about
>>> the credentials and learning resources at a launch event Nov. 7 for the
>>> Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005 and BizTalk« Server 2006 products.
>>>
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...ewCertsPR.mspx
>>>
>>> DST

Bugwriter

Does anyone know how long the MCSD certification will be available? At this
site ( http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/newgen/faq/ ) Microsoft says to
continue on if you've already started toward an MCSD. I've just purchased a
complete set of MCSD courseware from AppDev and am wondering if I can still
take all of the tests and get the certification in the next 6-12 months.
(After that I would work on the tests to upgrade to one of the new
certifications.)

Bugwriter

"Vipul Patel" wrote:

> Additional link is
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/newgen/
>
> "DST" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Certifications for Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 will be
> available in early 2006. Microsoft will present more information about
> the credentials and learning resources at a launch event Nov. 7 for the
> Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005 and BizTalk® Server 2006 products.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...ewCertsPR.mspx
>
> DST

Vishal R Joshi [MSFT]

FROM THE OTHER POST
Blackmetal is very correct...

Microsoft will continue to support the MCAD and MCSD.Net, till the support
for .Net 1.0 & 1.1 will continue...

MCAD and MCSD.Net will not be pulled away or dismissed only that newer cert
family is now available, upgrade paths will be available and we encourage
people to take upgrade paths whenever they are ready and have upgraded their
skills to .Net 2.0...

wishes
Vishal R Joshi
Product Planner - Technical
VS.Net 2005 Certifications, Microsoft

"Bugwriter" wrote:

> Does anyone know how long the MCSD certification will be available? At this
> site ( http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/newgen/faq/ ) Microsoft says to
> continue on if you've already started toward an MCSD. I've just purchased a
> complete set of MCSD courseware from AppDev and am wondering if I can still
> take all of the tests and get the certification in the next 6-12 months.
> (After that I would work on the tests to upgrade to one of the new
> certifications.)
>
> Bugwriter
>
> "Vipul Patel" wrote:
>
> > Additional link is
> > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/newgen/
> >
> > "DST" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> > Certifications for Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 will be
> > available in early 2006. Microsoft will present more information about
> > the credentials and learning resources at a launch event Nov. 7 for the
> > Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005 and BizTalk® Server 2006 products.
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...ewCertsPR.mspx
> >
> > DST

DST

> Does anyone know how long the MCSD certification will be available?

The exams will not be retired before June 2007, read why here:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...us/retired.asp

shiv_koirala@yahoo.com

All old certifications are safe until 2007.

-------
Regards ,
C#, VB.NET , SQL SERVER , UML , DESIGN Patterns Interview question book
http://www.geocities.com/dotnetinterviews/
My Interview Blog
http://spaces.msn.com/members/dotnetinterviews/