Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > What is required?

What is required?

Jamie Fraser

Hi, Im just beginning my MCAD at home, and Im not really sure which exams I
need to take to pass....

I presume I would be okay doing

70-306: Windows-based Applications with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
70-310: XML Web Services with Microsoft VB.NET and VS.NET
70-229: SQL Server 2000 Design

Would that be enough to pass the MCAD? Sorry for the stupid question, but
having trawled several e-learning sites I am rather confused about exactly
what I need to do!

thanks

rmacias

That'll do it. Here's a link to some more info:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp

In addition, if you wanted to, you could do the Windows Apps, Web Apps, and
XML Web Services and still get MCAD.

"Jamie Fraser" wrote:

> Hi, Im just beginning my MCAD at home, and Im not really sure which exams I
> need to take to pass....
>
> I presume I would be okay doing
>
> 70-306: Windows-based Applications with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
> 70-310: XML Web Services with Microsoft VB.NET and VS.NET
> 70-229: SQL Server 2000 Design
>
> Would that be enough to pass the MCAD? Sorry for the stupid question, but
> having trawled several e-learning sites I am rather confused about exactly
> what I need to do!
>
> thanks

Vipul Patel

Also Keep this in mind

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/newgen/

"rmacias" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> That'll do it. Here's a link to some more info:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp
>
> In addition, if you wanted to, you could do the Windows Apps, Web Apps,
> and
> XML Web Services and still get MCAD.
>
> "Jamie Fraser" wrote:
>
>> Hi, Im just beginning my MCAD at home, and Im not really sure which exams
>> need to take to pass....
>>
>> I presume I would be okay doing
>>
>> 70-306: Windows-based Applications with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
>> 70-310: XML Web Services with Microsoft VB.NET and VS.NET
>> 70-229: SQL Server 2000 Design
>>
>> Would that be enough to pass the MCAD? Sorry for the stupid question, but
>> having trawled several e-learning sites I am rather confused about
>> exactly
>> what I need to do!
>>
>> thanks

bikmann@gmail.com

I though you need one elective from SQL Server... which would be
70-229? I don't think you can just take these three and get MCAD. But
all three are definitely required for MCSD.