Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > OT: TechSkills training worth it?

OT: TechSkills training worth it?

James

Does anyone here have knowledge of the training that TechSkills
provides? They have self-paced training centers with a staff member on
site who can, supposedly, answer questions. I'm looking at doing this to
get current with some of the newer programming tools, but want to come
away actually being able to program instead of just pass a certification
exam. I appreciate all comments from anyone who has some input on
TechSkills. Thanks.

James Messick
Kernersville, NC

Sean

well here is my experience

1. I got MCAD certified 100% from self study
2. I have Visual Studio .Net Academic version on my computer and built an
application for a friend of mine that uses XML as a data source.

I am someone who personally believes that if it is written down, and I have
the tools I can learn it. That said, having someone handy to ask specific
questions is a very good services could save you hours of digging around for
stuff like I had to do.