Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > General Advice: Don't take 70-229

General Advice: Don't take 70-229

David

Stick with the Web and Windows exams, 70-229 is difficult in the sense that
you have to memorize entirely new syntax, terminalogy, methodology.

Alot of the information you have to know would be good for a DBA but less
useful for a developer. The exent of SQL i anticipate having to know on the
job involves stored procedures, not triggers, cursors, user defined fuctions,
etc... Alot of that can be replicated through a web front end. Just my
humble opinion, feel free to disagree =)

However, the one advantage to taking this test is that you are 1/2 way to an
MCDBA if you also pass one the Web or windows core exams.