Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Managed VC++ or C#?

Managed VC++ or C#?

odiesback

Hi,

I am considering making the leap to .NET and I dont know which language
to chose. I would rather stick with Visual C++ since I already know it from
6.0, but is C# a more appropriate choice?

Thanks

David

Syntax is similar, you should try to learn the difference between both and be
able to be "bilingual". Once you learn C#, VB.NET is not very far behind.
Think of each language as a tool in your toolbox, you can use whichever is
appropriate for the situation. But if I had too choose, from personal
experience, I like C#.

"odiesback" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am considering making the leap to .NET and I dont know which language
> to chose. I would rather stick with Visual C++ since I already know it from
> 6.0, but is C# a more appropriate choice?
>
> Thanks

Stephan Steiner

Since this group is about certification, the question should be C# or
VB.NET.. I'm not aware there are any certification exams on the .NET track
that cover managed C++. If you are simply concerned about "upgrading" to
..NET without certification, going managed with the same language will be the
least painful. If you care about the certification though, C# is closer to
C++ than VB.NET is, so C# would be your obvious choice.

Stephan
news:(E-Mail Removed)...