Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > which exam should I take first?

which exam should I take first?

i-DLT

Hi,

I am pursuing a MCDBA Certification, for my elective I want to take a
Development Exam, I curretly work as a developer and I have experience
developing netwok sockets, web services, xml and web applications, all using
c#, but still would like to take the softest exam of the three first, which
one would you recommend?, can someone rate them in order of difficulty? which
are the main topics to master in order to pass? I certainly think ado.net is
one of them isn't it hehe

Hope to hear from you all!

Sudar

Here is my order from easiest to toughest

web programming - > Windows Programming -> Web services

Since you already have some Web Programming experience, I would suggest
you to take up web programming exam in either C# or VB.NET

Hope this helps and all the best

--
Sudar MCP MCDBA MCAD

i-DLT

Thx it does help, also, I am wondering which areas have the most questions?

do these topics really weight in the exam?
* Globalization
* Accessibility
* Tracing
* Deployment
* Caching

"Sudar" wrote:

> Here is my order from easiest to toughest
>
> web programming - > Windows Programming -> Web services
>
> Since you already have some Web Programming experience, I would suggest
> you to take up web programming exam in either C# or VB.NET
>
> Hope this helps and all the best
>
> --
> Sudar MCP MCDBA MCAD
> www.SudarMuthu.blogspot.com (My Certification Experiences)

DST

I don't remember enough of the exams to tell you which topics really
weight (I took 14 MS exams the past year), the only topic that stands
out is ADO.NET and SQL.

But I remember questions about all the topics you mention, except
accessibility, of this I'm not sure.

Don't forget security, like runtime security policies and configuration
of IIS for authentication.

DST