Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > I am lost, please help

I am lost, please help

serge calderara

Dear all,

Does anyone could help me on a good advise on the following.
I just work hard to just get vb.net certification and would like to continue
to mcad and mcsd path.

I just then get the news from MS of the release of vs 2005 for november and
changes on certification exam on this product.

I am plannig to go for ASP.net exam within October, I already start to study
hard.

Now this newws of certification changes put me down somehow.
Does the effort I have done so far is useless then?
I mean should I stop my path now and wait for 2005 exams or continue my
2003 path?

Please note that all exams and books are my own money , not my company

Thanks for your advise in reaching my goal

regards
Serge

Saga

Obviously, I can't tell you what course of action to take, but
personally,
I would continue with the .NET (2003) certification. Then after a year
or 2, I would upgrade to .NET 2005

- I would now have a current valid certification
- I would have a en "easy" upgrade path to .NET 2005 once I became
familiar with the product.
- Once I did ugrade, I could honestly say that my certification was in
.NET 2003 and .NET 2005.

Good luck!
Saga

"serge calderara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear all,
>
> Does anyone could help me on a good advise on the following.
> I just work hard to just get vb.net certification and would like to
> continue
> to mcad and mcsd path.
>
> I just then get the news from MS of the release of vs 2005 for
> november and
> changes on certification exam on this product.
>
> I am plannig to go for ASP.net exam within October, I already start to
> study
> hard.
>
> Now this newws of certification changes put me down somehow.
> Does the effort I have done so far is useless then?
> I mean should I stop my path now and wait for 2005 exams or continue
> my
> 2003 path?
>
> Please note that all exams and books are my own money , not my company
>
> Thanks for your advise in reaching my goal
>
> regards
> Serge

Joseph Bittman MCSD

August 10, 2005

Hi Serge!!! I would definitely complete your MCAD on 2003. My guess is
that the exams probably won't be out until January. This will let you take
an exam in Oct., then finish with 70-310 several months later. Then you can
have an easy upgrade path from MCAD .Net 03 to two of the new
certifications. Then it probably would be only one or two more exams for
MCSD equivilent on 05, which is not much. Definitely get your MCAD now and
then use the upgrade path later. It will be a LONG time before companies
start to use 05 wide-spread, so you don't want to only have 2005 on your
resume when most companies will be on 2003. This is my opinion, and it
is glad to hear from you again!

--
Joseph Bittman
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

Web Site: http://71.39.42.23
Static IP

"serge calderara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear all,
>
> Does anyone could help me on a good advise on the following.
> I just work hard to just get vb.net certification and would like to
> continue
> to mcad and mcsd path.
>
> I just then get the news from MS of the release of vs 2005 for november
> and
> changes on certification exam on this product.
>
> I am plannig to go for ASP.net exam within October, I already start to
> study
> hard.
>
> Now this newws of certification changes put me down somehow.
> Does the effort I have done so far is useless then?
> I mean should I stop my path now and wait for 2005 exams or continue my
> 2003 path?
>
> Please note that all exams and books are my own money , not my company
>
> Thanks for your advise in reaching my goal
>
> regards
> Serge

Victor Guillen

Hello folks

In my personal opinion, I don't worry about the new exams coming or wait
until they're here.
I'm still migrating a website from clasic ASP to .NET!!!, and I'm going to
run when Microsoft says "hey!, the new exams are here!".
I still have to go deep in learn how the new 2.0 NET works, besides, I don't
have the time to worry about the track I'm pursuing and know about the new
version and keep my project up to date!

So, I would recommend not to worry or run (unless you want to have a title
like 'charter member')

Have a good day

"serge calderara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear all,
>
> Does anyone could help me on a good advise on the following.
> I just work hard to just get vb.net certification and would like to
> continue
> to mcad and mcsd path.
>
> I just then get the news from MS of the release of vs 2005 for november
> and
> changes on certification exam on this product.
>
> I am plannig to go for ASP.net exam within October, I already start to
> study
> hard.
>
> Now this newws of certification changes put me down somehow.
> Does the effort I have done so far is useless then?
> I mean should I stop my path now and wait for 2005 exams or continue my
> 2003 path?
>
> Please note that all exams and books are my own money , not my company
>
> Thanks for your advise in reaching my goal
>
> regards
> Serge

serge calderara

Thanks for your all comment folks
I will then complete my MCAD on 2003 and let see after

regards
serge