Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Book validity

Book validity

Dotnetin

I have bought a book (training kit for the MCAD certification in 2003), for
the preparation of exam 70-320. This book ISBN US is: 0 7356 1586 1 and its
publication date is 2003. I would like to know if my edition of this book is
still valid, and still be used for preparing exam 70-320.

Thank you in advance for your reply

KnowledgeISpower

I bought the book by Amit Kalani for exam 70-316 i am pretty much a newbie
with getting prepared for the MCAD but i have solid basic skills in
C#...Which languge are you takeing the exam in???
--
Demetrius Power
Jr. S.Engineer

"Dotnetin" wrote:

> I have bought a book (training kit for the MCAD certification in 2003), for
> the preparation of exam 70-320. This book ISBN US is: 0 7356 1586 1 and its
> publication date is 2003. I would like to know if my edition of this book is
> still valid, and still be used for preparing exam 70-320.
>
> Thank you in advance for your reply

Dotnetin

I am taking it in C#, too. please allow me to reiterate the question I asked
below, does anyone know if I my edition of this book witch ISBN US is: 0 7356
1586 1 and its
publication date is 2003 is still valid today, and still be used for
preparing exam 70-320.
Thank you for your reply
RespectFully Yours.

"KnowledgeISpower" wrote:

> I bought the book by Amit Kalani for exam 70-316 i am pretty much a newbie
> with getting prepared for the MCAD but i have solid basic skills in
> C#...Which languge are you takeing the exam in???
> --
> Demetrius Power
> Jr. S.Engineer
>

> "Dotnetin" wrote:
>
> > I have bought a book (training kit for the MCAD certification in 2003), for
> > the preparation of exam 70-320. This book ISBN US is: 0 7356 1586 1 and its
> > publication date is 2003. I would like to know if my edition of this book is
> > still valid, and still be used for preparing exam 70-320.
> >
> > Thank you in advance for your reply

Raja

MS books are no good when it comes to certification prep. I recommend Amit
Kalani's book for exam prep. The Amazon link is http://tinyurl.com/6oeo4

Good luck !

--

Check out www.dotnethangar.com for exam books !

"Dotnetin" wrote:

> I am taking it in C#, too. please allow me to reiterate the question I asked
> below, does anyone know if I my edition of this book witch ISBN US is: 0 7356
> 1586 1 and its
> publication date is 2003 is still valid today, and still be used for
> preparing exam 70-320.
> Thank you for your reply
> RespectFully Yours.
>
> "KnowledgeISpower" wrote:
>
> > I bought the book by Amit Kalani for exam 70-316 i am pretty much a newbie
> > with getting prepared for the MCAD but i have solid basic skills in
> > C#...Which languge are you takeing the exam in???
> > --
> > Demetrius Power
> > Jr. S.Engineer
> >

> > "Dotnetin" wrote:
> >
> > > I have bought a book (training kit for the MCAD certification in 2003), for
> > > the preparation of exam 70-320. This book ISBN US is: 0 7356 1586 1 and its
> > > publication date is 2003. I would like to know if my edition of this book is
> > > still valid, and still be used for preparing exam 70-320.
> > >
> > > Thank you in advance for your reply

Chrisc

I bought Amit's book too, but don't recommend it. Maybe because it was
published a couple of years ago now, although it is a good introduction it
only covers about 50% of the exam material in my opinion. That is to say, it
does cover the whole exam area, but I found the content to be lacking in the
details that were asked about in the exam. Definitely needed more on ADO.Net
for sure.

"Raja" wrote:

> MS books are no good when it comes to certification prep. I recommend Amit
> Kalani's book for exam prep. The Amazon link is http://tinyurl.com/6oeo4
>
> Good luck !
>
> --
>
> Check out www.dotnethangar.com for exam books !
>

> "Dotnetin" wrote:
>
> > I am taking it in C#, too. please allow me to reiterate the question I asked
> > below, does anyone know if I my edition of this book witch ISBN US is: 0 7356
> > 1586 1 and its
> > publication date is 2003 is still valid today, and still be used for
> > preparing exam 70-320.
> > Thank you for your reply
> > RespectFully Yours.
> >
> > "KnowledgeISpower" wrote:
> >
> > > I bought the book by Amit Kalani for exam 70-316 i am pretty much a newbie
> > > with getting prepared for the MCAD but i have solid basic skills in
> > > C#...Which languge are you takeing the exam in???
> > > --
> > > Demetrius Power
> > > Jr. S.Engineer

Raja

The book being published a couple of years ago has nothing to do with what
the exam tests you on. There's a fairly updated errata at
http://tinyurl.com/b7re7 and there are very few changes between .Net 1.0 and
1.1

Also, before starting my preparation for MCP exams, I did go through the
foll. books and I often recommend these as additional study prep materials.
(Search for my previous posts on the same subject)
ADO.Net Book : http://tinyurl.com/5fad9
Asp.net Unleashed : http://tinyurl.com/6ch54
Starter C# book : http://tinyurl.com/8cgvl

Let's be straight about one thing. If you expect Amit's book to "spoon-feed"
you everything, then you're in the wrong place. It exposes you to the
different topics and it's upto you to delve into them further with the help
of MSDN. Also, compared to the Microsoft guide for the same exam, Amit's book
is far far better (Just read the reviews on Amazon for both) and much focused
on the exam topics, with a lucid writing style and step-by-step examples.

So, before ordering me to "don't recommend it", you either suggest a better
book than Amit's or stop giving mis-information like "it only covers about
50% of the exam material" !

- Raja.

--

"Chrisc" wrote:

> I bought Amit's book too, but don't recommend it. Maybe because it was
> published a couple of years ago now, although it is a good introduction it
> only covers about 50% of the exam material in my opinion. That is to say, it
> does cover the whole exam area, but I found the content to be lacking in the
> details that were asked about in the exam. Definitely needed more on ADO.Net
> for sure.
>
> "Raja" wrote:
>
> > MS books are no good when it comes to certification prep. I recommend Amit
> > Kalani's book for exam prep. The Amazon link is http://tinyurl.com/6oeo4
> >
> > Good luck !
> >
> > --
> >
> > Check out www.dotnethangar.com for exam books !
> >

> > "Dotnetin" wrote:
> >
> > > I am taking it in C#, too. please allow me to reiterate the question I asked
> > > below, does anyone know if I my edition of this book witch ISBN US is: 0 7356
> > > 1586 1 and its
> > > publication date is 2003 is still valid today, and still be used for
> > > preparing exam 70-320.
> > > Thank you for your reply
> > > RespectFully Yours.

validity of a statement from a book parez ASP .Net 1 10-18-2008 08:29 PM
BGP vs OSPF routes validity matteo_cardelli@yahoo.co.uk Cisco 3 05-12-2005 06:53 AM
duration of validity =?Utf-8?B?Y2hlbGxhbQ==?= MCSD 0 05-19-2004 11:31 PM
Validity of MCSD .NET Kamal Ahmed MCSD 2 10-04-2003 08:52 AM
Re: Validity of Windows2000 Kian Wah, Lai MCSE 1 07-15-2003 05:16 PM

Advertisments