Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > AppDev

AppDev

salportaro@gmail.com

Hello:

My employer has bought the AppDev MCAD/MCSD suite. Currently ww cannot
get them loaded on my machine. We are going to try a new CD drive.

I also have Kalani's 70-315 book. I have written some C#, VB.net and a
fairly robust web service in VB.Net.

Another wrinkle is that I am handicapped and am not sure certification
will help. Most Jobss seem to be going to consultant and I do not see
consultants hiring the handicapped.
During my Lunch hours I would like to prepare for the MCAD. Two
Questions.

Is AppDev any good?

What would you suggest I do to prepare?

Thanks,

Sal

Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) - MVP

Your questions:

1. Is AppDev good? It depends on your learning style. The AppDev courseware
is good for those who do well with CBTs. Depending on your handicap, they may
be far easier for you than reading. The value of CBT is you are certing
because you know the material and not because you read a cheat sheet. Do the
exercises or the value is limited.

2. Handicap? It is illegal for a company, consulting or otherwise, to refuse
to hire a qualified candidate because of a handicap. Having said that, it
does happen, in companies that are consulting and otherwise. Whether you will
be discriminated against, or not, is based on the nature of your handicap and
how it reduces your viability as an employee. If you are good, it will be a
hamper at the beginning and less so as you gain notariety on your skills.
Success overcomes most obstacles.

3. I would use the curiculum. In addition, I would run through some prep
tests ... for two reasons: 1) They help you get over the nervousness and 2)
most are very similar in nature to what you can expect on the real test. Make
sure you understand the reasoning behind the right answers on any prep test
you take. It is the lack of knowing why that kills most people that test.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

AppDev JM MCSD 0 11-15-2004 08:43 PM
opinions on AppDev Training for MCSD - C# track suite?? R K MCSD 15 06-05-2004 10:08 AM
AppDev MCAD training suite Griff MCAD 1 02-16-2004 11:11 PM
Opinions needed --> AppDev training materials? jqpdev MCAD 1 01-20-2004 05:26 AM
Opinions needed --> AppDev training materials? jqpdev MCSD 2 01-13-2004 04:16 AM

Advertisments