Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > How to access a new server in asp.net (vb)?

How to access a new server in asp.net (vb)?

Maria

Hi
How do you access a different server in .net? I need to access files on
another server other than the server which the application is running on.

cheers

Victor Guillen

Access to what? system files or databases? in any case, you should know how
the other server/company has the website structure or the connection
parameters. The connection should change only in the authentication
parameters (user id and password) but also, might change in how the fisical
structure of the site is.

You have to find out with the company that hosts the server or site

I hope this is helpful

"Maria" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> How do you access a different server in .net? I need to access files on
> another server other than the server which the application is running on.
>
> cheers

Victor Guillen

I have worked with three web hosting companies and all three have different
ways to access the server, and that's why I'm telling you that you have to
find out how they have configured the authentication or access to their
servers or sites

"Maria" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> How do you access a different server in .net? I need to access files on
> another server other than the server which the application is running on.
>
> cheers

Maria

Victor,
I just want to access a list of word documents on one of our servers (not
another company's server). I just need to know how to declare the new server
object.