Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Skills assessment and actual exam

Skills assessment and actual exam

Bart Schelkens

Hi,

I've tried the skills assessment "Developing Enterprise Web-based
Applications with .Net: ASP.NET--Visual Basic.NET".
I scored 53%.
I know that to pass an actual Microsoft exam I will need a 70%.
My question is : are the skills assessments a good representation of the
actual exam?
And how good will my chances be if I was to take the exam right now?

Thx.

Raja

My opinion is that "Skills assessment" are only a subset of what is tested on
the actual exam. Therefore, you cannot directly interpret the score on skills
assessment as what you would get on the actual exam.

My advise is, unless you're a very well-experienced Asp.net developer who
has experience in working with all aspects of the web development, it would
definitely do good to do some reading and then attempt the exam.

I recomment Que's books for the preparation.
C# Web : http://tinyurl.com/4rhh7
VB Web : http://tinyurl.com/56cmr

"Bart Schelkens" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've tried the skills assessment "Developing Enterprise Web-based
> Applications with .Net: ASP.NET--Visual Basic.NET".
> I scored 53%.
> I know that to pass an actual Microsoft exam I will need a 70%.
> My question is : are the skills assessments a good representation of the
> actual exam?
> And how good will my chances be if I was to take the exam right now?
>
> Thx.

EggHead

Hi Raja,

How good is the Que's C# web book?

I mean is it good enough to be a good reference for web application
development?

It is b'cos I already have books for asp.net already.

Egghead

"Raja" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My opinion is that "Skills assessment" are only a subset of what is tested
> on
> the actual exam. Therefore, you cannot directly interpret the score on
> skills
> assessment as what you would get on the actual exam.
>
> My advise is, unless you're a very well-experienced Asp.net developer who
> has experience in working with all aspects of the web development, it
> would
> definitely do good to do some reading and then attempt the exam.
>
> I recomment Que's books for the preparation.
> C# Web : http://tinyurl.com/4rhh7
> VB Web : http://tinyurl.com/56cmr
>
> "Bart Schelkens" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've tried the skills assessment "Developing Enterprise Web-based
>> Applications with .Net: ASP.NET--Visual Basic.NET".
>> I scored 53%.
>> I know that to pass an actual Microsoft exam I will need a 70%.
>> My question is : are the skills assessments a good representation of the
>> actual exam?
>> And how good will my chances be if I was to take the exam right now?
>>
>> Thx.

Raja

I used Que's book for VB.Net Web exam. But, considering the content is
absolutely the same (except for the code) for C# exam, I can say that the
book is pretty good for coverage of certification topics. Since it covers all
the certification topics, the book has good content on a wide variety of
topics and you can definitely learn a thing or two from the exercises at the
end of each chapter.

Apart from that, Iam not sure if I would go out and buy it for anything
other than certification since I personally tend to use such certification
books minimally once I am done with the exam !

"EggHead" wrote:

> Hi Raja,
>
> How good is the Que's C# web book?
>
> I mean is it good enough to be a good reference for web application
> development?
>
> It is b'cos I already have books for asp.net already.
>
> Egghead
>
> "Raja" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > My opinion is that "Skills assessment" are only a subset of what is tested
> > on
> > the actual exam. Therefore, you cannot directly interpret the score on
> > skills
> > assessment as what you would get on the actual exam.
> >
> > My advise is, unless you're a very well-experienced Asp.net developer who
> > has experience in working with all aspects of the web development, it
> > would
> > definitely do good to do some reading and then attempt the exam.
> >
> > I recomment Que's books for the preparation.
> > C# Web : http://tinyurl.com/4rhh7
> > VB Web : http://tinyurl.com/56cmr
> >
> > "Bart Schelkens" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I've tried the skills assessment "Developing Enterprise Web-based
> >> Applications with .Net: ASP.NET--Visual Basic.NET".
> >> I scored 53%.
> >> I know that to pass an actual Microsoft exam I will need a 70%.
> >> My question is : are the skills assessments a good representation of the
> >> actual exam?
> >> And how good will my chances be if I was to take the exam right now?
> >>
> >> Thx.

Sean

Que books were my primary source and I think I read them all twice with notes
all over the place. A few questions in the books didnt have much information
in the book itself and on those MSDN basically filled that void.

I was consitently making 70 on the assesment test, my first exam I made
exactly 700