Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Will new versions of VS and SQL invalidate MCAD?

Will new versions of VS and SQL invalidate MCAD?

Cinderella

Hi,

I've recently passed the 70 - 315 and 70 - 316 exams and and am taking 70 -
320 this month. I had then planned to do the 70 - 300 and 70-229 exams to get
MCSD.

If I pass the SQL 2000 exam this year won't I just have to sit a SQL 2005
exam next year?

Does anyone know if the new VS will require new exams making 315, 316, 320
invalid?

Finally, does anyone know, if once you become MCSD, but a new and updated
MCSD certifcation came out (like when .NET arrived) would you have to start
from scratch with all 5 exams?

Sorry to ask so many questions but I'm trying to decide whether to stay with
my current employer or take a look at the market!

Many Thanks

Fernando

Probablily some new exams will be realeased, but this do not make your
certification invalid. Example: people who have the old mcsd track
certification (c++), do not lose their certs on the release of vs.net.

I have done the same exams that you done (but with the vb track - 70-305 and
306), and i taking 70-310 this month too. My plan is to do the 70-300 and
70-229 for MCSD, and then 70-228 and 70-290 for MCDBA.

Fernando

"Cinderella" <(E-Mail Removed)> escreveu na mensagem
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I've recently passed the 70 - 315 and 70 - 316 exams and and am taking
> 70 -
> 320 this month. I had then planned to do the 70 - 300 and 70-229 exams to
> get
> MCSD.
>
> If I pass the SQL 2000 exam this year won't I just have to sit a SQL 2005
> exam next year?
>
> Does anyone know if the new VS will require new exams making 315, 316, 320
> invalid?
>
> Finally, does anyone know, if once you become MCSD, but a new and updated
> MCSD certifcation came out (like when .NET arrived) would you have to
> start
> from scratch with all 5 exams?
>
> Sorry to ask so many questions but I'm trying to decide whether to stay
> with
> my current employer or take a look at the market!
>
> Many Thanks

Raja

What I heard from the MS guys on a recent webcast is this : For VS 2005, MS
would be offering an upgrade path to the existing MCAD.net & MCSD.net's. This
means that if you're already certified on .net, you could take fewer exams to
maintain your certification on the new .Net 2.0 platform.

Of course, your existing certification NEVER expires - Once certified on
..Net 1.X, you're ALWAYS certified on it ! And, remember all this is
unofficial info and very much subject to change !

Hope that helps !

"Cinderella" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've recently passed the 70 - 315 and 70 - 316 exams and and am taking 70 -
> 320 this month. I had then planned to do the 70 - 300 and 70-229 exams to get
> MCSD.
>
> If I pass the SQL 2000 exam this year won't I just have to sit a SQL 2005
> exam next year?
>
> Does anyone know if the new VS will require new exams making 315, 316, 320
> invalid?
>
> Finally, does anyone know, if once you become MCSD, but a new and updated
> MCSD certifcation came out (like when .NET arrived) would you have to start
> from scratch with all 5 exams?
>
> Sorry to ask so many questions but I'm trying to decide whether to stay with
> my current employer or take a look at the market!
>
> Many Thanks

EggHead

Do you know is it still only 5 exam in the .net 2.0 path or M$ is thinking
add more exams in to the path?
It is b'cos M$ add 2 more exams on the MCSE 2K3 (totally 9 exams now), and
there are 2 exams in the upgrade path for MCSE 2K which is 7 exams cert to
MCSE 2K3.
Egghead

"Raja" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What I heard from the MS guys on a recent webcast is this : For VS 2005,
> MS
> would be offering an upgrade path to the existing MCAD.net & MCSD.net's.
> This
> means that if you're already certified on .net, you could take fewer exams
> maintain your certification on the new .Net 2.0 platform.
>
> Of course, your existing certification NEVER expires - Once certified on
> .Net 1.X, you're ALWAYS certified on it ! And, remember all this is
> unofficial info and very much subject to change !
>
> Hope that helps !
>
> "Cinderella" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've recently passed the 70 - 315 and 70 - 316 exams and and am taking
>> 70 -
>> 320 this month. I had then planned to do the 70 - 300 and 70-229 exams to
>> get
>> MCSD.
>>
>> If I pass the SQL 2000 exam this year won't I just have to sit a SQL 2005
>> exam next year?
>>
>> Does anyone know if the new VS will require new exams making 315, 316,
>> 320
>> invalid?
>>
>> Finally, does anyone know, if once you become MCSD, but a new and updated
>> MCSD certifcation came out (like when .NET arrived) would you have to
>> start
>> from scratch with all 5 exams?
>>
>> Sorry to ask so many questions but I'm trying to decide whether to stay
>> with
>> my current employer or take a look at the market!
>>
>> Many Thanks

Raja

Sorry, have no idea about it !

That's a very relevant question. Makes me wonder what other new exams MS
could introduce on .Net 2.0 ... I mean the new features added cannot warrant
a whole new exam by themselves. But, again I could be absolutely wrong !

"EggHead" wrote:

> Do you know is it still only 5 exam in the .net 2.0 path or M$ is thinking
> add more exams in to the path?
> It is b'cos M$ add 2 more exams on the MCSE 2K3 (totally 9 exams now), and
> there are 2 exams in the upgrade path for MCSE 2K which is 7 exams cert to
> MCSE 2K3.
> Egghead
>

> "Raja" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > What I heard from the MS guys on a recent webcast is this : For VS 2005,
> > MS
> > would be offering an upgrade path to the existing MCAD.net & MCSD.net's.
> > This
> > means that if you're already certified on .net, you could take fewer exams
> > maintain your certification on the new .Net 2.0 platform.
> >
> > Of course, your existing certification NEVER expires - Once certified on
> > .Net 1.X, you're ALWAYS certified on it ! And, remember all this is
> > unofficial info and very much subject to change !
> >
> > Hope that helps !
> >
> > "Cinderella" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I've recently passed the 70 - 315 and 70 - 316 exams and and am taking
> >> 70 -
> >> 320 this month. I had then planned to do the 70 - 300 and 70-229 exams to
> >> get
> >> MCSD.
> >>
> >> If I pass the SQL 2000 exam this year won't I just have to sit a SQL 2005
> >> exam next year?
> >>
> >> Does anyone know if the new VS will require new exams making 315, 316,
> >> 320
> >> invalid?
> >>
> >> Finally, does anyone know, if once you become MCSD, but a new and updated
> >> MCSD certifcation came out (like when .NET arrived) would you have to
> >> start
> >> from scratch with all 5 exams?
> >>
> >> Sorry to ask so many questions but I'm trying to decide whether to stay
> >> with
> >> my current employer or take a look at the market!
> >>
> >> Many Thanks

Egghead

I think beside the new features, M$ will add some old features as elective
exam such as mobile or smart client.
If there is indeed an upgrade path (I think you are right), M$ will need to
add 1 or 2 exams more to the .net 2.0 core exams (I am thinking may be more
enterprise applications related exam). It is b'cos .net 1.1 exams are not
that long ago.
Egghead
"Raja" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry, have no idea about it !
>
> That's a very relevant question. Makes me wonder what other new exams MS
> could introduce on .Net 2.0 ... I mean the new features added cannot

warrant
> a whole new exam by themselves. But, again I could be absolutely wrong !
>
> "EggHead" wrote:
>
> > Do you know is it still only 5 exam in the .net 2.0 path or M$ is

thinking
> > add more exams in to the path?
> > It is b'cos M$ add 2 more exams on the MCSE 2K3 (totally 9 exams now),

and
> > there are 2 exams in the upgrade path for MCSE 2K which is 7 exams cert

> > MCSE 2K3.
> > Egghead
> >

> > "Raja" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > What I heard from the MS guys on a recent webcast is this : For VS

2005,
> > > MS
> > > would be offering an upgrade path to the existing MCAD.net &

MCSD.net's.
> > > This
> > > means that if you're already certified on .net, you could take fewer

exams
> > > maintain your certification on the new .Net 2.0 platform.
> > >
> > > Of course, your existing certification NEVER expires - Once certified

on
> > > .Net 1.X, you're ALWAYS certified on it ! And, remember all this is
> > > unofficial info and very much subject to change !
> > >
> > > Hope that helps !

taking

exams to

2005

316,

updated

stay

Raja

Ahh ... Mobile Client could warrant a new exam since there are some finer
nuances in .Net Compact framework that one needs to understand to program on
that platform.

As for enterprise apps, I think the XML WS exams (310 & 320) cover those -
XML WS, Remoting, Windows Services & Component services. Of course, there is
"Team Server" in VS 2005, but I would think that's more of an architect
product than developer one.

Any way, life is going to be busy getting certified and keeping it updated !

"Egghead" wrote:

> I think beside the new features, M$ will add some old features as elective
> exam such as mobile or smart client.
> If there is indeed an upgrade path (I think you are right), M$ will need to
> add 1 or 2 exams more to the .net 2.0 core exams (I am thinking may be more
> enterprise applications related exam). It is b'cos .net 1.1 exams are not
> that long ago.
> Egghead
> "Raja" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Sorry, have no idea about it !
> >
> > That's a very relevant question. Makes me wonder what other new exams MS
> > could introduce on .Net 2.0 ... I mean the new features added cannot

> warrant
> > a whole new exam by themselves. But, again I could be absolutely wrong !
> >
> > "EggHead" wrote:
> >
> > > Do you know is it still only 5 exam in the .net 2.0 path or M$ is

> thinking
> > > add more exams in to the path?
> > > It is b'cos M$ add 2 more exams on the MCSE 2K3 (totally 9 exams now),

> and
> > > there are 2 exams in the upgrade path for MCSE 2K which is 7 exams cert

> > > MCSE 2K3.
> > > Egghead
> > >

> > > "Raja" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> 2005,

> MCSD.net's.

> exams

> on

> taking

> exams to

> 2005

> 316,

> updated

> stay

Cinderella

Thanks, thats kind of reassuring.

"Raja" wrote:

> What I heard from the MS guys on a recent webcast is this : For VS 2005, MS
> would be offering an upgrade path to the existing MCAD.net & MCSD.net's. This
> means that if you're already certified on .net, you could take fewer exams to
> maintain your certification on the new .Net 2.0 platform.
>
> Of course, your existing certification NEVER expires - Once certified on
> .Net 1.X, you're ALWAYS certified on it ! And, remember all this is
> unofficial info and very much subject to change !
>
> Hope that helps !
>
> "Cinderella" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've recently passed the 70 - 315 and 70 - 316 exams and and am taking 70 -
> > 320 this month. I had then planned to do the 70 - 300 and 70-229 exams to get
> > MCSD.
> >
> > If I pass the SQL 2000 exam this year won't I just have to sit a SQL 2005
> > exam next year?
> >
> > Does anyone know if the new VS will require new exams making 315, 316, 320
> > invalid?
> >
> > Finally, does anyone know, if once you become MCSD, but a new and updated
> > MCSD certifcation came out (like when .NET arrived) would you have to start
> > from scratch with all 5 exams?
> >
> > Sorry to ask so many questions but I'm trying to decide whether to stay with
> > my current employer or take a look at the market!
> >
> > Many Thanks

Cinderella

Sounds like your on an identical track to me.

Good luck!

"Fernando" wrote:

> Probablily some new exams will be realeased, but this do not make your
> certification invalid. Example: people who have the old mcsd track
> certification (c++), do not lose their certs on the release of vs.net.
>
> I have done the same exams that you done (but with the vb track - 70-305 and
> 306), and i taking 70-310 this month too. My plan is to do the 70-300 and
> 70-229 for MCSD, and then 70-228 and 70-290 for MCDBA.
>
> Fernando
>

> "Cinderella" <(E-Mail Removed)> escreveu na mensagem
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've recently passed the 70 - 315 and 70 - 316 exams and and am taking
> > 70 -
> > 320 this month. I had then planned to do the 70 - 300 and 70-229 exams to
> > get
> > MCSD.
> >
> > If I pass the SQL 2000 exam this year won't I just have to sit a SQL 2005
> > exam next year?
> >
> > Does anyone know if the new VS will require new exams making 315, 316, 320
> > invalid?
> >
> > Finally, does anyone know, if once you become MCSD, but a new and updated
> > MCSD certifcation came out (like when .NET arrived) would you have to
> > start
> > from scratch with all 5 exams?
> >
> > Sorry to ask so many questions but I'm trying to decide whether to stay
> > with
> > my current employer or take a look at the market!
> >
> > Many Thanks

EggHead

Oh, just only need 2 more exams for MCDBA, I can kiss exam 70-301 good bye

Thanks
Egghead

news:(E-Mail Removed)...