Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Passed 70-316!

Passed 70-316!

Tom Serenander

I was happy to pass the 70-316 exam last thursday. This was my first attempt,
and I was encoraged by Microsoft's "Second free" offer, which made me sign up
for the exam earlier than I would have done without seeing this offer. I
hope Microsoft will announce a similar offer once more (where you get a
second try for free).

Now I will begin to study to the next exam in my way to achive the MCAD
certification, which will be exam number 70-315. The last one will be 70-320.

I think Amit Kalanis Training Guide for 70-316 from Que Certification was a
very good book. I began to do every programming exercise, but then I only had
time to read the text and do the Exam Questions (which I think were good).
Then read my underlinings and do the questions again.

I also bought a Practice Test from MeasureUp, which was OK, but the
questions from Kalanis book were better I think.

Thanks for various suggestions and tips from this forum, and Good Luck to
all of you who study for your MCAD!

Regards,

Tom Serenander, Sweden

EggHead

Same here,
Just pass it today. It takes me around 20 mins (hehe, want to use the same
ticket on the return trips back to my workplace, I need at least 30 mins
left on the train ticket) with 840. I also take the exam because of "second
free" offer.
I do find one different between the VUE and Prometric. In VUE, the girl puts
my exam result in a nice big envelope and passes it to me. However, it does
not happen to me at Prometirc . They just pass me my exam result
BTW, does anyone know how much the test centre makes for each exam?
TIA,
Egghead

"Tom Serenander" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was happy to pass the 70-316 exam last thursday. This was my first
>attempt,
> and I was encoraged by Microsoft's "Second free" offer, which made me sign
> up
> for the exam earlier than I would have done without seeing this offer. I
> hope Microsoft will announce a similar offer once more (where you get a
> second try for free).
>
> Now I will begin to study to the next exam in my way to achive the MCAD
> certification, which will be exam number 70-315. The last one will be
> 70-320.
>
> I think Amit Kalanis Training Guide for 70-316 from Que Certification was
> very good book. I began to do every programming exercise, but then I only
> had
> time to read the text and do the Exam Questions (which I think were good).
> Then read my underlinings and do the questions again.
>
> I also bought a Practice Test from MeasureUp, which was OK, but the
> questions from Kalanis book were better I think.
>
> Thanks for various suggestions and tips from this forum, and Good Luck to
> all of you who study for your MCAD!
>
> Regards,
>
> Tom Serenander, Sweden

Bob

"> BTW, does anyone know how much the test centre makes for each exam?
> TIA,

About ten dollars

Egghead

wow, only $10. I though at least $50 USD for each test. I mean some people
really sat there for the whole time. No wonder it is hard to find exam
center in Cowtown.
Egghead
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "> BTW, does anyone know how much the test centre makes for each exam?
> > TIA,

> About ten dollars

Simon Hart

Congratulations Tom! What did you score? not that it really matters of course!

I am currently studying for 70-316 also, will probebly book the exam next
week or the week after. Want to get my 70% upto around 85% on the Microsoft
Assesments.

I also have the Amit Kalanis 70-316 book which is very good with lots of
guided exercises and end of chapter exams.
I find I do alot better in the end of chapter exams from Amit's book than I
do on the Measureup on Microsofts site..

I am debating whether to buy C# in a nutshell as it seems a very good read
and quick reference as other people who have passed the exam say Amit's book
is good but it's not enough to pass the exam.

What other books did you find useful?

Regards
Simon.