Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Exam 70-229 (SQL Server 2000)

Exam 70-229 (SQL Server 2000)

Jools

Hi everyone,

Based on the requirements listed in the book "SQL Server
2000 Database Design and Implementation" from Microsoft,
I would like to have confirmation from others regarding
the following:

Is Windows XP Professional enough to get SQL Server 2000
Enterprise Edition up and running or do I actually
require Windows 2000 Server, as listed in the book as a
requirement?

It's tough to find a shop that still sells Windows 2000
Server. I can only find Windows 2003 Server for sale. Any
ideas/suggestions? I just don't want to end up purchasing
software that in the end it doesn't help meeting the
requirements.

Thank you!!

Jools

Jools

Hi, thanks for the reply, very useful.

Do you think the developer edition of MS SQL Server will
be similar enough to the Enterprise edition so to become
familiar enough with the database to be able to answer
the questions asked in the related exam?

Thank you,

Jools

2000 Enterprise,
>have you looked into the developer edition? that will

run on Windows XP or
>even 2000.
>

>"Jools" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:03bc01c55f99$76d85050$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Based on the requirements listed in the book "SQL

Server
>> 2000 Database Design and Implementation" from

Microsoft,
>> I would like to have confirmation from others regarding
>> the following:
>>
>> Is Windows XP Professional enough to get SQL Server

2000
>> Enterprise Edition up and running or do I actually
>> require Windows 2000 Server, as listed in the book as a
>> requirement?
>>
>> It's tough to find a shop that still sells Windows 2000
>> Server. I can only find Windows 2003 Server for sale.

Any
>> ideas/suggestions? I just don't want to end up

purchasing
>> software that in the end it doesn't help meeting the
>> requirements.
>>
>> Thank you!!
>>
>> Jools

>.

Binoj Antony

We use MSDE (its free) when developing applications and Sql Server when
deloying the apps, as far I know MSDE is the same as SQL Server except that
the maximum conccurrent connection is limited (I think 5, and we have 5
developers in my company )
Go ahead and use MSDE for your 70-229, "if" you find some feature missing
then think of buying Sql Server 2000, handle the problem when it comes dont
pre-empt and waste money